Latest WACUP public preview for x86 & x64 is build #25130 (September 30th 2026) (x86 & x64 changelogs)
Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #25130 (September 30th 2026) (x86 & x64 changelogs)

Author Topic: View based on filesystem creation time?  (Read 164 times)

wimpers

  • Beta Tester
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
View based on filesystem creation time?
« on: October 03, 2026, 07:39:03 PM »
I have a wee problem with some playlists I made based on the time when the MP3 was created (on NTFS).

For instance, I created views for song addedd (aka created) today, this week, and this month, and so on, but it's not giving me what I want.

In an ideal world, the FS timestamp 'Creation time' should also be a field in the query builder
Now there's FILETIME, but what is meant by 'Last known file date/time on disk' is unclear to me.
And there's also LASTUPD and DATEADDED we can use, but the first one seems a bit ambiguous.

I've experimented with changing the timestamps myself (PowerShell or a GUI can be used to manipulate the common 3 ones). Still, it seems like the library import date is used instead of the real file creation date, giving a different result.

When reinstalling Windows and rescanning my whole collection of files, they're all imported on the same day, so I can't really use this.

Perhaps there already is a workaround I'm unaware of? Because the other time-related fields, like [1 week ago], are really handy for stuff like this.

I also use Clementine from time to time, mainly because of its multiple playlists, and there the file created parameter in the query builder is the correct one.  ;)