Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How to automatically sort playlist by filename  (Read 1208 times)

succo

• View Profile
How to automatically sort playlist by filename
« on: August 10, 2021, 06:04:43 PM »
Hello, I'm new to WACUP. I switched from the latest official Winamp release because the extra features here seemed cool.

When I click on an album in my media library, it plays it in a playlist, which is sorted alphabetically rather than by filename/track number and it's driving me insane. I've scrubbed through preferences and options and I can't find anything to fix this, can anyone help me out? :-*

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: How to automatically sort playlist by filename
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 06:30:06 PM »
Are you clicking within a local library view or on a local library node in the navigation tree? Assuming also that you're not using the replacement local library plug-in (that doesn't have the associative sorting you're wanting), if you're doing things from within the root / simple view, you'll need to select the column you want it sorted by within the view results (either the columns in a single list view or from the bottom pane if there's upper filters present).

-dro