Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Media Library History View  (Read 2349 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Media Library History View
« on: August 30, 2020, 04:05:55 AM »
Hi dro,

Does the work you've done on this view work with both of the media library plug-ins (ml_ll and ml_local)?

Can you add a Clear Search function to the search bar in this view? This will make it easier to refresh this view than the multi-step process currently required (and thus update the statistical summary provided at the bottom of the view). Since all the other views with a search bar have this function, I assume it was more than an oversight that this view's search bar doesn't have one.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Media Library History View
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 04:35:03 AM »
I'm a bit confused as to what you're wanting as I think it's already there.

With ml_history & also ml_ll, when there's a search entered then a clear button (shows as an 'x' button) will appear otherwise it'll just show all of the results & the button will be hidden. You can also press F8 when the library window is focused to force a refresh. However the history view is meant to be self-updating as needed which is working like that to the best of my knowledge.

I'm not touching the ml_local views or anything to do with that plug-in now that I've fixed the compatibility issue that was causing it to crash within the views.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Media Library History View
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 08:22:48 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply.

What you stated is correct and nothing needs to be added. An "X" does appear when something is entered in the search bar. Clicking it does remove the entry and forces a refresh. The F8 key also forces a refresh. I'm mostly a point and click kind of user and never committed most of the keyboard shortcuts to memory (which is a mistake on my part). The search bar in other views have a Clear Search button that is always visible. They can be clicked on to force a refresh without having to enter anything in the search bar itself. I was expecting the same behavior in the History view.

The view's self-updating doesn't update the total number of plays correctly in the status info show at the bottom of the view. I have been switching to another view and back to get the correct number to show, when all I needed to do was press the F8 key.

BTW, I noticed the preference option added to switch to ml_ll. I'm waiting for you to add support for artwork and re-scanning watch folders before I make the switch. For whatever reason, I've not had most of the problems others have or had with ml_local.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:32:13 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system