Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: ML History View Column Heading Change  (Read 802 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
ML History View Column Heading Change
« on: March 07, 2024, 04:03:06 PM »
The column currently named "Title" in the history view doesn't display the file's title. It displays the playlist editor's string for the file that was played. I suggest the column's heading be changed to correctly indicate what is being displayed (or change the column's content to match it's heading).
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: ML History View Column Heading Change
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 04:15:12 PM »
So what should the column name be? I am going to note that pretty much everything else I can see is using title for the pre-generated strings (main & library playlists, bookmarks, podcast downloads) & it's only the local library where there's a difference only due to how it's interaction with the lower level metadata.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 04:41:17 PM »
"Playlist String" or something like that. I noticed this when I changed the PE ATF string I was using and saw that that column contents changed to match it. Older records used the previous PE ATF string. Not necessary, but would it be possible to add an option to update old records to match the active PE ATF string.

Since I'm using 3 different ATF strings in different places for the playing file, I've now changed the PE string to only show %title% and thus match the column heading in the history view.

Things could stay as they are, changes are not really necessary. Once I noticed this behavior and realized it wasn't an history view error in reading metadata, I decided to mention it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 05:00:38 PM by Aminifu »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 05:46:09 PM »
I get the potential for confusion but I also think that there's enough context between title as a metadata field & title as a formatted string for it to not be a problem & as such I'm not going to change the column name as that's then introducing more disparity into things vs existing usage of the term.

Will add the request to refresh the existing history titles to the todo list.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 06:41:45 PM »

Will add the request to refresh the existing history titles to the todo list.

-dro

Thank you.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 02:47:20 PM »
This'll be done as a right-click option on the history node's context menu. Was debating having it be auto-applied but that was going to complicate things a bit more than I necessarily like to implement for the moment. It means another manual step but just having something for now much like with the library playlist refreshing should be enough when I'd expect for most that they don't need to refresh it too often.

-dro
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 12:37:24 AM by dro »