Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: "Stop after track" option in playlist editor  (Read 500 times)

seaspray

• View Profile
"Stop after track" option in playlist editor
« on: February 11, 2024, 09:35:56 AM »
The only feature I miss from MusicBee is the ability to set a "Stop after track" flag on a playlist entry. So useful.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: "Stop after track" option in playlist editor
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 12:23:42 AM »
There is a "Stop after current" command. Look in the sub-menu for the main context menu Playback command or use the "Ctrl + V" keyboard hot keys.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 06:07:16 AM »
You can also use the Playlist Separator plug-in (in_text.dll) to insert a stop separator in a playlist where you want playback to stop. After the plug-in is activated, a "Separator:" command is added to the playlist editor's context menu. This command has a sub-menu that lets you select the kind of separator to insert.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 01:05:30 PM »
It's also possible via the 'q' action to control what's going to play next. By right-clicking on the stop button -> on end of queue -> uncheck 'use setting only this time' & then going back & selecting the 'stop playing' option on there, when a file is selected as the next play by selecting it in the main playlist & pressing 'q', once that's been played it'll then stop on there (or go to the next playlist item depending on the other playback options).

If it's something that's always wanted on specific items then the separator option might be the better way to do it as there isn't any virtual metadata to link such a behaviour to items as things currently stand with wacup.

-dro