Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Now, that the BBC internet radio stations are gone from Shoutcast...  (Read 1314 times)

amix

• View Profile
Hello,

as many of you may know, the BBC withdrew their internet broadcasts from the Shoutcast protocol. Instead they now are using the HLS and DASH protocols. I hate that, since they were some of the best broadcasts and I loved to listen to them (esp. BBC Radio 6 Music), though I am not from the UK.

My wish is simple: Could WACUP support HLS and DASH?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 02:18:57 PM by amix »
Greetings, Andreas

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Now, that the BBC internet radio stations are gone from Shoutcast...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 04:55:35 PM »
At some point it should happen but other things need to finish being replaced before that'll be started on (i.e. I need to get WACUP to no longer be re-using the in_mp3 plug-in from 5.666 which is the one that is responsible for MP3 & AAC based stream playback as the old BBC urls were provided over).

-dro

amix

• View Profile
Re: Now, that the BBC internet radio stations are gone from Shoutcast...
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 01:15:25 PM »
Thank you for taking note. Very appreciated! (continues drooling over BBC content...  ;D )
Greetings, Andreas