Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: replaygain ? whats all about?  (Read 2930 times)

kasperke

• View Profile
replaygain ? whats all about?
« on: October 29, 2022, 09:03:13 AM »
My ten year old daughter likes to record old fashion cassettes because she discovered my sony walkmans. So i made a list of a lot of songs and said she had to delete the ones she didn't liked. After that i suddenly saw the option replaygain, so i ran it..and saw the result...but i don't know how to implement the results.
Yes i want all the songs to have the same level of loudness to record. But how do i do that? Now one song is louder then the other when i record.

Any suggestion...tips?
thx Kasper
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 09:25:39 AM by kasperke »

kasperke

• View Profile
Re: replaygain ? whats all about?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 03:22:37 PM »
Nobody recording audio cassettes anymore?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: replaygain ? whats all about?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 04:49:06 PM »
You may need to look at the replaygain preferences & adjust the mode that is used as depending on what metadata is present for the file it may end up using the default adjustment i.e. you might be better using the track level instead of album level. There's also a bug with MP3 files where it's not correctly applied because of problems with the re-used plug-in from 5.666 which may also be causing you problems.

-dro