Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Unable to DIsable Notifications  (Read 3581 times)

Fearless87

• View Profile
Unable to DIsable Notifications
« on: August 16, 2020, 08:29:04 AM »
Hi all, not sure if this has already been mentioned but I don't see it after a quick search on the forums.

Anyway, I'm using the Big Bento Win 10 Edition skin for WACUP and I set the notifications to "Never Show" in the settings but when I use the media buttons on my keyboard, it'll still pop-up on my desktop which isn't what I want.

Is this a known issue and is there a fix for this?

Abhijit A

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to DIsable Notifications
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 04:15:30 PM »
are you sure, its skin notification, the Big Bento modern notification by default is right bottom corner of the desktop. using media button will show windows notification. can you share some screenshots.
if you are seeing the notification as attached in this post, its Windows OSD for media buttons.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 09:48:16 PM »
If it's like abhijitat has provided a screenshot of, you'll need to disable the win10shell plug-in via preferences -> plug-ins -> general & un-check the plug-in & allow WACUP to restart.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 08:39:03 PM »
I'm curious. My multimedia keyboard keys work with WACUP but I have never seen the SMTC pop-up, even though I have the gen_win10shell plug-in enabled.

I also have the gen_win7shell plug-in enabled and the General - Global Hotkeys - "Enable default multimedia key support" and "Ignore volume controls ..." options enabled. I also use the various notification pop-ups provided by the various skins I use (if they have one). Could any of these things be preventing the SMTC pop-up from appearing?
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 09:55:53 PM »
win7shell isn't involved with the SMTC popup though there's interaction with win10shell & the hotkeys plug-in (mostly so that with win10shell enabled there isn't duplicate processing going on).

To get it to appear you need to use the appropriate multimedia keys (e.g. volume up / down) as it's not something that will appear on WACUP related changes. It's more about WACUP or other programs providing the metadata to the OS & then when it is shown the OS will show what was provided.

-dro
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:59:14 PM by dro »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 12:56:42 AM »
Ok, I can see the pop-ups in abhijitat's screenshot when I use my multimedia volume keys. They do not appear when any of the other multimedia keys are used. Both parts appear with gen_win10shell enabled and the volume part (on the left) appears when gen_win10shell is disabled.

I only use the remote control that came with my 5.1 speaker system to control the volume of my computer and apps (after using the mouse to set everything to a none zero value), which is why I had never seen these pop-ups before.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Fearless87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 12:19:52 PM »
Ah yes, I've unchecked win10shell and the notifications are no longer appearing, Thanks abhijitat and dro! :)

Ok, I can see the pop-ups in abhijitat's screenshot when I use my multimedia volume keys. They do not appear when any of the other multimedia keys are used. Both parts appear with gen_win10shell enabled and the volume part (on the left) appears when gen_win10shell is disabled.

I only use the remote control that came with my 5.1 speaker system to control the volume of my computer and apps (after using the mouse to set everything to a none zero value), which is why I had never seen these pop-ups before.

I'm doing exactly that too with my speakers when I adjust volume levels, the notifications appear when the play / pause, next and previous buttons are pressed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:23:36 PM by Fearless87 »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 11:07:01 PM »
That's good to know it was the thing we thought. Just need to work out a way to make it easier to know what to disable as what it's called from the programming side isn't anything that makes sense from the user side (not sure what's shown is even referred to as anything specific from what I've tried to find).

-dro