Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [CHANGES MADE] Visualizer steals focus for Media Keys (Stop/Start etc)  (Read 6381 times)

ferropop

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
If the Visualizer is focused, it prevents WACUP from receiving keys like Space (stop/start), forcing you to have to click on the player window to refocus...essentially defeating the purpose of using the keyboard.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:43:47 AM by dro »

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: Visualizer steals focus for Media Keys (Stop/Start etc)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:09:07 PM »
Which Visualizer plug-in were you running?
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

ferropop

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 10:24:46 PM »
MilkDrop.

Win10 LTSC.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 01:06:21 AM »
Because Milkdrop does things related to keyboard input (e.g. preset menu navigation & a few other things), it doesn't generically pass on keyboard presses it receives but doesn't handle to the main window unlike most of the other plug-in windows that WACUP provides.

The space key is used by Milkdrop in a long standing action to pick a different preset to render. I get that is at conflict of the usage of space within other changes that WACUP have introduced but I'm not sure about changing the default Milkdrop handling.

So I'm not sure what the best approach is to take with this.

-dro

ferropop

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 10:11:55 PM »
Because Milkdrop does things related to keyboard input (e.g. preset menu navigation & a few other things), it doesn't generically pass on keyboard presses it receives but doesn't handle to the main window unlike most of the other plug-in windows that WACUP provides.

The space key is used by Milkdrop in a long standing action to pick a different preset to render. I get that is at conflict of the usage of space within other changes that WACUP have introduced but I'm not sure about changing the default Milkdrop handling.

So I'm not sure what the best approach is to take with this.

-dro

Totally fair - would a key remap option be in the cards? Winamp (and now Reaper!) has championed customization from the beginning, and it would be great for those of us looking to really get in there to 'unmap' Space in Milkdrop to free it for it's new (much improved!) use.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 01:21:52 AM »
What I'll do is if the prefs option is set then milkdrop will adhere to it if stop/start is set & if not then it'll act like it's always done. That makes the most sense now I've had a bit more time to think about it especially as it'll still be possible to use shift/control + space (as there's nothing in the code to differentiate from those cases vs a plain space action) so only a minor behavioural change assuming its even an issue to start with.

-dro
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 01:41:10 AM by dro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The changes for this are present in build 5864 & newer.

-dro