Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: 1001skins  (Read 27869 times)

garetjax

• suck it
    • View Profile
    • 1001Skins
Re: 1001skins
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 01:34:57 AM »
dr0 has withdrawn his support; I cannot blame him.  He has very good points....I do not yet have a plan nor do I have a direction on what will happen next.

Idk....maybe turn it into wordpress...
Owner 1001skins.com | Developer WMC/WCL

garetjax

• suck it
    • View Profile
    • 1001Skins
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 04:46:36 AM »
1001Skins -> Updated

https://1001skins.com/

Take a look around.

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 05:51:31 PM »
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

garetjax

• suck it
    • View Profile
    • 1001Skins
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 06:08:15 PM »
Yes, that was the site around 2004/2005

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 12:45:51 AM »
The first 4 posts that look like posts.. are Ad posts? Any chance to move them to the bottom or to a more traditional form of ad? Is very confusing seeing that in the top, the first skin appears only after a scroll down :(

EDIT: Oh I see now they are Bootstrap themes. I'm all in for the site heading to a "all sort of skins site", but being Winamp skins the main focus (traditionally and by "amount force") still feels a bit confusing to have those at the top..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:49:35 AM by victhor »

garetjax

• suck it
    • View Profile
    • 1001Skins
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 03:06:21 AM »
The posts are categorized by date of submission...so the bootstrap themes show up top.  Not an easy way to discern any difference for now...

I have plans on creating a static homepage that will allow for a featured gallery, and content that is automatically generated.

The only other solution is to remove them; and I am unsure if I want to yet.

garetjax

• suck it
    • View Profile
    • 1001Skins
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 03:11:54 AM »
You can Use the following Links to specifically filter to individual categories:
- https://1001skins.com/winamp/winamp/
- https://1001skins.com/winamp/bootstrap/

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 12:40:46 PM »
So that's why there's that stuff on the site as it made it feel like its incomplete / still being setup. Still looks odd having a bootstrap theme as the main thing you see first but sounds like it's still a w.i.p. anyway.

-dro

garetjax

• suck it
    • View Profile
    • 1001Skins
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2019, 04:06:31 AM »
https://1001skins.com/1001news/

And yes, somewhat of a wip; though a-lot less so than the old.  At this stage only 2 outstanding issue remain; really. 

-Password Reset Links/Emails
-Editing (while possible, I am not completely in love with the method of doing so *yet).

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »
Well, after some time testing the system, this is my experience:

POSITIVE:
- Having an almost full Wordpress editor is a game changer, I know it gives space to wildly different skin pages but.. what the heck, power to the people!!!
- Site is fast

NEGATIVE / TO FIX:
- ".wal" files should be accepted by default, despite security reasons, it's a Winamp skins site! It makes 200% sense to have working ".wal" files
- Categories could use some specifics, like "Winamp modern skin", "Winamp classic skin", ""Winamp Classic Pro skin", "WMC", etc (in fact, this seems like not developed actually, grouping skins from different apps isn't of much use unless I'm doing some school asignment and I'd like to see all the sports-related themes for Bootstrap and.. Winamp -¿?-)
- Header image doesn't show on mobile (fixing this would help to standarize the format of skin's pages)
- reCAPTCHA is annoyingly showing on home page (I have the same issue with a web page I'm mantaining!)
- Feels like it needs a standarized Download button.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 02:47:20 PM »
Another thing to fix:
- While navigating the list of skins on Mobile, entire content of the posts are shown, when it should be using the excerpt, or just the preview pic.

garetjax

• suck it
    • View Profile
    • 1001Skins
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 05:16:55 PM »
1. wal files are now added.
2. Multiple Categories can be chosen; and Additional categories have been added.
3. Looking into the mobile view 'change'.
4. Re-Captcha Is a bit of a pain I know...but, the volume of spam I get is out of control; and as such this is the best solution so far.
5. I am thinking on how to implement a standard download button through.

Categories:
- Bootstrap Themes
- Featured
- Winamp Skins

Winamp Skins - Includes Sub Categories (Alot)
- From art to Classic Pro and touchscreen; a crap ton.

Combined with the ability to select multiple categories a given skin can be attributed to 1 or all;  by default most only have 1 category.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:35:48 PM by garetjax »

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 12:21:25 PM »
OK, I've updated category on all my entries. Do you have a script or some way to make all other skins that have "cpro" on their name get a "classic pro" category? If not, I can update it manually if you want (there aren't so many IIRC).

I'll replace zip to wal files at home, great fix!

The header image not showing on mobile is actually a double issue, SITE header is not showing (only shows "1001 skins" in letters), beside entries headers.
Don't forget to check the list view, it's probably a simple tick on the theme options of WordPress.