Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: description and comment Tad are reversed in .ogg The next  (Read 2839 times)

mts

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
description and comment Tad are reversed in .ogg The next
« on: August 12, 2022, 11:16:20 AM »
Hi
I dig up a old post about ogg tag.
I understand the last post. but i searched more info about

WACUP doesn't totally respect OGG tag specification when writing tags.
The OGG tag uses the tag DESCRIPTION for comment
WACUP read the tag DESCRIPTION and put it in the COMMENT tag.
WACUP display in list, the DESCRIPTION tag. In database the value saved is the DESCRIPTION tag
WACUP display COMMENT tag in field Comment of tag editor (taglib) and save it in the tag COMMENT.

The solution is to save the field comment to the tag DESCRIPTION in the tag editor. No more in the COMMENT tag. WACUP read already the TAG DESCRIPTION. Now it should write also in the same tag.

MTS
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 11:21:46 AM by mts »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: description and comment Tad are reversed in .ogg The next
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 01:22:52 PM »
Vorbis comments seem so simple at times & then are such an inconsistent mess in others when it comes to what the preferred default should be when certain fields have been used for the same value & how that's changed over time.

Will have a look into changing the behaviour as really I shouldn't even be trying to read the comment field & it should just be the description field based on the specification but that'd mess up so many old files.

-dro

mts

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: description and comment Tad are reversed in .ogg The next
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 10:13:08 AM »
up
Hi
I saw recentlty in build 16518 in media library.
The "edit meta data for selection" (ctrl+E) write the comment in DESCRIPTION and COMMENT fields in the same time.
But when I edit metadata for one song only ("view file info" ALT+3) WACUP save only COMMENT.
Is it possible to have the same behaviour for the both features ?
;-)
MTS