Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Play Streams In OGG And FLAC  (Read 4395 times)

DJboutit

• View Profile
Play Streams In OGG And FLAC
« on: May 15, 2022, 12:10:40 AM »
I run a internet radio station I am testing my stream in OGG it would be nice if WACUP would be able to play streams that are OGG and FLAC

Here is the link to my station Phat Beats Radio to test it out http://5.135.178.45:8190/live.ogg
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:18:30 AM by DJboutit »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Play Streams In OGG And FLAC
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 12:23:03 AM »
HTTP Ogg Vorbis streams are playable as long as the Vorbis plug-in is installed & enabled (as it should be by default with WACUP). Have attached what I'm seeing with the Alt+3 dialog for the stream link above.

FLAC streaming is a whole different matter as it needs much more bandwidth & from what I remember is often wrapped in an OGG container & that's not something I've yet coded - the whole way I do streaming playback eventually needs to be changed as the mis-match between different plug-ins (mine & the few re-used from 5.666) just don't do what is needed with the modern web.

-dro

DJboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 01:57:40 AM »
HTTP Ogg Vorbis streams are playable as long as the Vorbis plug-in is installed & enabled (as it should be by default with WACUP). Have attached what I'm seeing with the Alt+3 dialog for the stream link above.

FLAC streaming is a whole different matter as it needs much more bandwidth & from what I remember is often wrapped in an OGG container & that's not something I've yet coded - the whole way I do streaming playback eventually needs to be changed as the mis-match between different plug-ins (mine & the few re-used from 5.666) just don't do what is needed with the modern web.

-dro

I just installed the Vorbis pluin on WACUP it will still not play my OGG stream the original version of Winamp the plugin works and is able to play my stream just fine. 

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 02:16:50 AM »
Installed it from where ? There is a vorbis plug-in part of WACUP that does what you want as my screenshot showed. DO NOT USE THE PLUG-IN FROM WINAMP OR OLD EXTERNAL COPIES OF IT!

DJboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 02:44:07 AM »
Installed it from where ? There is a vorbis plug-in part of WACUP that does what you want as my screenshot showed. DO NOT USE THE PLUG-IN FROM WINAMP OR OLD EXTERNAL COPIES OF IT!

The installed one does not work I like the older version of Winamp better any way I guess I will stick to this one. 

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 09:40:27 PM »
You have access to the same beta build that I tested the stream URL that you pasted above so what are you doing differently to cause it not to work for you?

If you prefer winamp then please go & use winamp & I'll instead give your WACUP beta tester slot to someone that actually wants it.