Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Milkdrop full screen sound dropping out  (Read 1483 times)

Strages

• View Profile
Milkdrop full screen sound dropping out
« on: May 01, 2022, 01:18:41 AM »
Hi all, I have WACUP 1.0.21.7236 running on my new AMD 5950x with a RTX 308ti.

When I start milkdrop fullscreen, my screen turns black and the audio drops out.  it takes about 4 seconds for the audio to come back.  This also happens when I exit fullscreen.  I have tried changing the content type reported to the display in the NVIDIA control panel, that didn't help. Anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks all.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Milkdrop full screen sound dropping out
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 09:06:28 AM »
I assume you're using the public preview build. I don't have this issue with the current beta build. A number of updates related to Milkdrop have been made since the version you're using. A new preview will probably be released in a month or 2.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 09:09:56 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Strages

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 10:51:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply  ;D  I cannot join as a Beta tester, new ones are currently not being added.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 10:52:59 AM by Strages »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 11:03:49 AM »
Yeah, that due to too many who asked to be beta testers abused the privilege and gave the betas to others and/or didn't provide feedback as to their experiences.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 03:55:26 PM »
Does it end up showing anything after the wait for things when starting to run it?

Also are you using native fullscreen & if so is it set to the native screen resolution or are you using the fake fullscreen option? Plus what OS is this being done on & is it just a single monitor or a multi-monitor setup (plus what resolutions are involved) ?

It's not an issue I'm aware off & such a setup probably shouldn't be having such a delay as my lowly 1050ti gets milkdrop fully up & running in around a second unless it's maybe related to some weird driver interaction &/or the initial enumeration of the milkdrop presets (just dumping a thought as I write this).

I doubt the beta version is going to make a difference as most of the changes have been related to desktop mode or trying to get it building as an x64 compatible plug-in with fullscreen mode not having been intentionally touched.

-dro

Strages

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 08:19:36 AM »
Yes it shows up, but after about 4 seconds, the music and visualisation run.  I am running at Native screen resolution on a single monitor, running Windows 11.