Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: The Quest For Milkdrop On Linux  (Read 1680 times)

Yuriko

The Quest For Milkdrop On Linux
« on: April 16, 2022, 04:33:21 PM »
It seems like I may have found out how and why Milkdrop does not work on some systems running Linux and WINE.

When I was clean installing a WINEPrefix (with WACUP and DXVK), I came across an error "Haswell Vulkan support not fully functional" or something around those lines. Combined with the error "not enough video memory" in WACUP when you try to start Milkdrop, it makes me believe the integrated video processor is the problem here. I have no means to try if it would work with an Nvidia or AMD video card (I don't have a functional dedicated GPU and my laptop lacks one as well). So someone else would have to test that (you may need to prioritize the dGPU in that case).

~ Yuriko

PS. Funny enough, AVS (8.2) does seem to be working reliably, or at least as reliably as the rest of WACUP on Linux.