Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Good Resources for plugin development  (Read 4926 times)

Petrž

• View Profile
Good Resources for plugin development
« on: March 27, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »
Hi guys,
Do you know about some good resources where I can learn how to make Winamp plugins?
I found some things, but there were only very few informations...

I am a very good C# developer, but I know C++ too :)

User Experience Master

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Good Resources for plugin development
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 03:47:05 AM »
It really depends on what you're intending to do though in general Winamp plug-in documentation is pretty poor and comes down to whatever header / examples / existing plug-ins are provided or just asking someone who might know and seeing if they can help or try to find out that information for you.

It also depends on if you're looking to make a true plug-in (which is trickier to do iirc with C# compared to say a C/C++ setup) or if it's an 'external' tool which is going to be limited in what it can do but you can then typically work in whatever language you want to do.

So best thing to do is to ask away and see what answers come :)

-dro