Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: DirectSound Setting Changes Not Remembered  (Read 3946 times)

krisch316

• View Profile
DirectSound Setting Changes Not Remembered
« on: December 27, 2020, 08:30:08 PM »
I'm having an issue with fresh install of newest build or if installed over 5.666.  I can change the output to "not so direct" or use Nullsoft Direct and I cannot change setting for fading, remove silence, etc and close program to retain these changes.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: DirectSound Setting Changes Not Remembered
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 04:01:47 AM »
As this might be useful for others & I'd already replied to the PM about it, below is the 'fix' for this issue.

You'll need to disable the Nullsoft Direct Sound (out_ds) plug-in & then after a WACUP restart NotSoDirect changing the configuration should then work as expected.

It's because I've tried to have my replacement plug-in make use of the out_ds settings where possible (e.g. fade settings) but that plug-in (out_ds) always re-saves it's settings on closing even if there haven't been any changes which overrides what NotSoDirect has stored previously.

However in the build that will arrive after this post, the Nullsoft plug-in is going to be dropped as part of what WACUP installs so this shouldn't be an issue in future unless you're someone intentionally trying to use the Nullsoft out_ds plug-in & hit this issue.

-dro