Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP Refugee (Last updated: August 17th 2021)  (Read 17461 times)

Samey the Hedgie

• Lazy Speedster
  • Beta Tester
  • -squeak-
    • View Profile
Re: WACUP Refugee (Last updated: August 17th 2021)
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2022, 04:57:27 AM »
Update 4.5 (Winamp/Wacup): Fixed the minus sign when using Time Remaining mode. I rarely use the time remaining on the clock and didn't realize it was scuffed until now. That's fixed. :)

Update 3.8 (Linux variants): Forgot to give them the updated pledit.bmp and also applied the fix from above.

Samey the Hedgie

• Lazy Speedster
  • Beta Tester
  • -squeak-
    • View Profile
Refugee DeClassified
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 05:11:03 AM »
For a while now I've been working on a new version of Refugee, and I sort of forgot to say anything here oops..
Well, I guess better late than never 😅
Now introducing Refugee DeClassified, based on Eris's DeClassified Modern skin!

A few features included are:
  • Playlist and Main window visualizers can be set to different styles
  • Winamp3-style Songticker
  • 3 State repeat button (off, Repeat Playlist, and Repeat Track)
  • Based closer to Winamp 5.666 & WACUP (Basically, a lot more tooltips and the Gen-Windows can be smaller in height.)
  • 2 Different types of cursors (Though you have to change the folder name to use the older-style cursors I packed in. Sorry I was too lazy to code in a way to change them on the fly.)
As well as also featuring all those that DeClassified has.

You can find the latest version of Refugee DeClassified here, on Github  :D
https://github.com/SameytheHedgehog/Refugee-DeClassified/

I might update normal Refugee with some of the changes I had made while making this variant, probably not soon though.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:15:17 AM by Samey the Hedgie »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 07:12:18 PM »
Thank you for sharing this skin. It is the only one I've seen where the playlist and main window visualizers can be set to different styles. Another plus for me is that it uses my favorite color theme.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Samey the Hedgie

• Lazy Speedster
  • Beta Tester
  • -squeak-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 09:00:48 PM »
You're welcome! ^w^

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2022, 12:27:15 AM »
Hi Samey,

If it's possible, can you tell me how to get the playlist visualizer to be centered or moved a little more to the left?

Samey the Hedgie

• Lazy Speedster
  • Beta Tester
  • -squeak-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2022, 12:37:14 AM »
Sorry, I don't have a setting in Refugee to center the playlist vis, I don't think DeClassified has one either

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2022, 12:40:53 AM »
Sorry, I don't have a setting in Refugee to center the playlist vis, I don't think DeClassified has one either
declassified doesn't provide that functionality in it's base, you can try to do
<script file="scripts/_wa2-easylayout.maki" param="pl.vis.area;0;0;1;0;0;0"/>
<script file="scripts/_wa2-easylayout.maki" param="waclassicplvis;0;0;1;0;0;0"/>

but i cannot exactly promise it looking right
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2022, 12:53:18 AM »
Okay, thanks for the quick response. After using this skin for several hours, I noticed that the right edge of the visualizer is slightly covered by the player controls panel. I'm not a skinner and will need to learn how to make a maki before I can try your suggestions. My current skills only extend to making small xml file edits and graphic file modifications.

This skin is fast becoming my favorite. The only thing preventing that is up-scaling makes things blurry. I know there is nothing you can do about that. Maybe Microsoft (or dro) will come up with something to improve scaling.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 12:56:56 AM by Aminifu »

Samey the Hedgie

• Lazy Speedster
  • Beta Tester
  • -squeak-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2022, 12:57:18 AM »
Well, Eris did make a native 2x mode but it only works on the main 3 windows and breaks compatibility with previous versions of the skin.

I do hope it does become a option when we get our own version of gen_ff though :)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2022, 08:48:51 AM »
declassified doesn't provide that functionality in it's base, you can try to do
<script file="scripts/_wa2-easylayout.maki" param="pl.vis.area;0;0;1;0;0;0"/>
<script file="scripts/_wa2-easylayout.maki" param="waclassicplvis;0;0;1;0;0;0"/>

but i cannot exactly promise it looking right

It took me a little time to realize you were suggesting edits for the "pledit.xml" file. I tried it and the pl vis went away entirely. The original numerical values are "350;0;0;0;0;0". I tried putting the "1" in different places, but the vis only came back (in it's original location) when I used "1;0;0;0;0;0".

I found the definition for the parameters in the "_wa2-easylayout.m" file, but I can't figure out how to use them to center or offset the vis more to the left.

Edit:
Ok, I finally figured it out. I returned the parameters in the lines you suggested to their original values. Then I changed the "x=" values in the lines shown below in the "pledit.xml" file. Now the vis is pretty much centered in the bar at the bottom of the playlist window. I have also used the resize control point on the bottom right corner to make the playlist window taller and wider than the default.

<layer id="pl.vis.area" image="wa2.pl.8.vis" x="-405" y="-38" relatx="1" relaty="1" cursor="cur.normal"/>
                <group id="waclassicplvis" x="-403" y="-26" w="76" h="16" relatx="1" relaty="1"/>

« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 10:23:48 AM by Aminifu »

Eris Lund

• View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2022, 06:32:47 PM »
Okay, thanks for the quick response. After using this skin for several hours, I noticed that the right edge of the visualizer is slightly covered by the player controls panel.
Can you provide a screenshot?
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2022, 12:04:43 AM »
Okay, thanks for the quick response. After using this skin for several hours, I noticed that the right edge of the visualizer is slightly covered by the player controls panel.
Can you provide a screenshot?

I've edited pledit.xml as I stated in my previous post (reply #24), so the vis is now centered at the bottom of the expanded playlist window. If you're asking for a screenshot of how it was (with the slight overlap) then look at the screenshot in reply #16 at the top of page 2.

Another result of the change I made is that the left side of the box (that was overlapping the vis) containing the runtime for all the items in the playlist, the playback controls and the time counter for the currently playing item is no longer visible. This is barely noticeable and doesn't distract from the overall look of the playback window, imo.

If you want a screenshot of how the skin looks now, I can provide it.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 12:29:21 AM by Aminifu »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2022, 06:46:43 AM »
Hi Samey,

I'm having an issue with Refugee Declassified. I don't know if the problem is with the skin's coding or WACUP's.

I decided to use the scaling command in the main player's context menu to upscale it to 125%. This is the largest size with an acceptable amount of blurring, imo. Unfortunately the change is not saved between sessions or when switching to another skin and back. The window's scaling returns to 100%. Fortunately, the main player's position relative to the skin's other windows is saved. So it only takes a couple clicks to switch the main player back to 125% and I don't need to re-position it.

If you can replicate this behavior, do you think the issue is with the skin or WACUP?

Samey the Hedgie

• Lazy Speedster
  • Beta Tester
  • -squeak-
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2022, 06:51:43 AM »
Hm, that's strange.  :o I can replicate this on the DeClassified skins in general.
Tested with Winamp Modern and it saves the scaling just fine.

I think it might be something to do with the double-size button as it's saved when its pressed.
I'll tell Eris smthns up with the scaling, thanks for telling me. :)

Eris Lund

• View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2022, 07:03:29 AM »
you can sort of blame me for "breaking" the ability to save the custom scaling applied, this behavior comes down to emulating how winamp classic does doublesize scaling

i'm reading and saving a value related to it, so if the "D" button in the clutterbar was active/inactive, it'd call a function on skin load to apply proper scaling

i'd recommend reading DeClassified's readme to get a better understanding of why i do things that way (this also applies to other declassified based skins, however those may deviate from the classic skin formula, such as refugee declassified)