Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WMA ?  (Read 2754 times)

Tom White

• View Profile
WMA ?
« on: May 10, 2020, 03:43:45 PM »
Is there a way to use WACUP to encode files to WMA? How about WMA Lossless?

Sorry if it is there and I just didn't see it.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: WMA ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:25:31 PM »
WACUP doesn't include the WMA encoder that 5.666 provided but you can manually try using it from the extracted 5.666 installer.

However I don't believe it supported WMA lossless & I'm not sure I ever remember seeing a 3rd party option for Winamp to do that.

-dro

mts

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 09:30:11 AM »
UP
Is there something new with WMA support.
I tryed to use in-mw.dll but wacup doesn't want to activate the plgin.
MTS

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »
The only change was a while back & is that in_wm.dll eventually got added to the blocked list of plug-ins. Trying to re-use the Winamp 5.666 plug-in is just not worth the hassle & it should be being handled via the directshow input plug-in (if configured to do so & if there's an appropriate filter available).

-dro