Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Modern Bento Touchscreen WIP skin  (Read 36513 times)

trued2

Re: Modern Bento Touchscreen WIP skin
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 07:05:34 PM »
Both of these skins look cool, Victhor. Have you thought about making skins for Steam, or have you already made some?

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 04:13:41 AM »
I'm not too keen on skinning other apps, I just do Winamp skins and windows themes (huge mods for personal use actually), didn't even know that Steam had a skinning system =/ (I don't play much video games either.. XD)

dsp_amp

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 06:48:54 AM »
nice work! :) is there a download link available?

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 03:37:45 PM »
nice work! :) is there a download link available?

Not yet, Modern Bento is far from being useful, the cPro2 is about to be released, this weekend probably.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 06:17:16 AM »
Well, one is out.. cPro2 Grafito is done, see it here: https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,122.0.html. Took me more than expected (85 color themes may be part of the reason..) but is finally here. Enjoy. Now to sleep, next is getting back on track with Modern Bento =).

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »
This is taking forever and motivation is fading out.. I'll publish a beta soon with a long list of "be aware of this bugs and incomplete things..".
Maybe someone will have and idea on some of the most annoying "bugs" I can't catch yet (or can just contribute with fresh eyes, which is something I'm needing now probably..).

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »
Kudos to you Victhor!
All of your hard work is appreciated.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »
^^ What he said :)

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 01:44:36 AM »
After whining a bit, I magically found those damn numbers that wouldn't let me progress on the skin (yes, it was magic to find it on a heartbeat after searching so much time for it among so many other numbers).
Like they say, it was there all along, but buried under another hundred numbers heh. It was so stupid that I didn't want to ask anyone who might know somehow, but finally found the script line mixed with the xml that wouldn't let me have a properly Playlist height under different scenarios.

Anyway, too technical and hard to follow. Most people will jump directly to the screenshot XD where you can see the properly working Playlist and the new Skin Settings page (everything is bigger and nicer, yeahhhhh). Now I'll move on to finish the EQ and some other stuff before publishing the new beta (in a week or so). Thanks for the support guys!

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
Congrats to finding the code that you needed to progress.
Also, I want to thank you for sharing your screen shot. Even more exciting than your new skin is new music. I had never heard of Portugal. The Man before, but I looked them up and I LOVE THIS! Thanks for the tip!

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 01:04:41 AM »
That's cool, for promotional screenshots I use nice to look covers (from what I already have), but on these day to day screenshots I capture whatever I'm playing at the moment, and that album is one of the best of this year IMHO (previous one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daB9QRwVQH4&list=PLYLPfYZjSIPozlGUYkuciKZG2JFA6rCYN - is good too, but not as much as this).

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
That's cool, for promotional screenshots I use nice to look covers (from what I already have)

I think that you chose the perfect cover. A burning car is the perfect symbol for Winamp.
LONG LIVE WACUP!

btw, I bought this album and I love it. Thanks again!

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »
Good progress, good skin.

blacklord049

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2017, 09:38:03 PM »
Very nice skin! Would be great even with no touchscreen

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 01:53:09 AM »
Quick update.. after the "unlock event" (¿?) I'm progressing faster on the skin. I deliberately skipped the beta release I (didn't) promised to publish a 99% finished skin actually. Enthusiasm is back XD, but I have to manage it to have a beta release soon, postponing non-essential features and ideas for the final release.