Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Add trailing silence gaps to playlist? Without changing app preferences  (Read 4425 times)

erasmus

• View Profile
  Hi all, first time poster.  :) :D  Go WACUP!  ;D

Like the title says, does anyone know a way to add trailing silence to separate tracks in a playlist.  I know about silence removing from certain output modules and they are disabled, anyway in this case I want to add silence that isn't currently embedded at the end or in front of the tracks in the playlist. 

So does anyone know a method?  ???

If not I'll include it in a future "Feature Request" thread, but I figured I'd ask in case there's a currently implemented method.  :-X
Linux WACUP user
Main distos - Manjaro + Solus (+ Win7 gathering dust)

Current primary WACUP interest - Cataloging accumulated Video Game Music collection and making playlists from therein.  Casual streaming of web radio and occasional returns to popular music collection.

Forum theme - Startaza

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Add trailing silence gaps to playlist? Without changing app preferences
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 10:13:30 PM »
It's something that's already on my to do list but more needs to be done so we move away from the Winamp core doing the playback & it's then WACUP managed & such things can then be baked into the core (cross-fading is another thing that needs to be natively implemented instead of often only being done at the output stage which isn't useful for personal streaming).

There might have been an old plug-in that can do it (which would likely just insert a forced sleep instead of proper digital silence) but I've not been able to find anything from a quick search.

-dro

erasmus

• View Profile
Re: Add trailing silence gaps to playlist? Without changing app preferences
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 04:07:30 AM »
Excellent, glad to hear it's on the agenda.   :D Not a feature that needs any kind of rush, thanks for responding.
Linux WACUP user
Main distos - Manjaro + Solus (+ Win7 gathering dust)

Current primary WACUP interest - Cataloging accumulated Video Game Music collection and making playlists from therein.  Casual streaming of web radio and occasional returns to popular music collection.

Forum theme - Startaza