Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Playlist: PgUp/PgDown/Home/End keys support  (Read 6169 times)

Mwyann

• Winamp Pro User
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Playlist: PgUp/PgDown/Home/End keys support
« on: June 23, 2017, 03:05:37 PM »
Hi,

Is there a way to get support for the PgUp/PgDown/Home/End keys in the playlist? Home and End are obvious, just go to the beginning/end of the playlist, and PgUp/PgDown advances as many items as shown on screen (for example if the playlist is showing 20 lines, pressing PgDown skips 20 lines as well, unless the end was reached of course). Keeping the PgUp/PgDown pressed should repeat, as the standard Up/Down keys does.

Of course this behaviour should also work with Shift for quick-selecting lots of tracks with the keyboard (that's why I'd find this feature most useful).

Yann

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Playlist: PgUp/PgDown/Home/End keys support
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »
Home / End should already work as requested (they do from a quick test as long as the playlist is focused). The only difference from a normal list and the Winamp main playlist editor is that the selection doesn't go to the start / end respectively (I can't remember off the top of my head if that can be set by code).

PgUp / PgDown also should work as expected but it may not do a full 'page' and the option on the 'playlist' preferences node ("Scroll playlist using Page Up/Down by xx" may need to be tweaked). I think it was a lack of time which is why there's that option instead of the playlist behaviour mirroring the OS behaviour in moving up / down by the number of visible items that make up the 'page' view.

As for working with the 'shift' action, the main playlist editor list is a custom thing and just doesn't really follow the OS standard behaviour. I know I'd done some work to fix that post-sale but doing it within the confines of what I can do with WACUP means it's not likely to be seen (unless I do a full replacement of the UI handling and can nicely link that into the original playlist core handling - needed to prevent breaking plug-ins, etc).

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:21 AM »
(unless I do a full replacement of the UI handling and can nicely link that into the original playlist core handling - needed to prevent breaking plug-ins, etc)
Since the #1988 beta, I'm now able to interact with the main playlist directly (used to help fix some long standing JTFE issues) so that's one step closer to being able to make a replacement playlist ui & being able to sort out more standard control access for it :)

-dro

victhor

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 01:02:59 AM »
Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about, all of what's requested is actually there on Winamp. The only thing missing (and probably fixable?) is a correct behaviour of the Home and End buttons, when used, the selection goes to the position but the actual selector (the colored background strip) doesn't show up where it's supposed to be. A simple Up or Down hit will reveal the selector but is a non-standard behaviour anyway.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 01:09:18 AM »
The winamp playlist is an odd beast as it doesn't conform to the expected Explorer ways as it's not using any of that (unlike the lists in the media library). Once you've got your eye in on things then you get to know what the differences are which are subtle in some cases & just completely different in others (shift + up / down increases the selection in that direction but doesn't reduce it an a matching manner as the OS / explorer way does). Anyhoo, a custom ui & hooking directly into the playlist should make it a bit easier to do some sort of psuedo multiple playlist implementation (as long as it works, no one will care how it's done :) ).

-dro