Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modification: ModPlace  (Read 4463 times)

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
  • mad about Big Bento and WACUP
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
Big Bento Modification: ModPlace
« on: August 10, 2022, 06:53:07 PM »
I am back with a Big Bento "Mod Menu" called ModPlace.

With ModPlace, you can tweak the skin and customize it as you like (extended customizability)

List of mods:

1. "Enable/Disable Browser": This mod will enable and disable the Browser tab from the skin

2. "Enable/Disable CoverPlaying" This mod will enable and disable https://github.com/ChocolateAdventurouz/CoverPlaying

3. "Enable/Disable File Labels" This mod will enable and disable File Labels (Title:, Artist:, Album:, etc)

4. "Antialias fileinfo/mcv" This mod will make mcv (aka fileinfo) text rounded

Antialias Disabled:

Antialias Enabled:

5. "Show Branding" This mod will show the WACUP Branding until the mod is disabled

6. "Video To Cover" Here, this the juicy one, hehe. This mod will replace the album art cover with the video playback

I highly recommend installing the mod on "Big Bento WACUPFied" and "Big Bento Redux WACUPFied" rather of others, because of the branding size (that can be easily fixed by aligning correctly the size)

Installation: Download and open the archive and extract the patched files to the skin
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:56:42 PM by ChocolateAdventurouz »

SwiftReal

• View Profile
Re: Big Bento Modification: ModPlace
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 02:42:30 AM »
I tried your plugin, but it didn't work.
-Made backup of Big Bento folder <WACUP Directory>\Skins\Big Bento
-Extracted the files from "CoverPlaying-main.zip" to <WACUP Directory>\Skins\Big Bento
-Tested it. Worked fine.
-Installed your mod "modplace-wacup.zip" in the same folder.
-Tested it in the same manner. The player wouldn't start up.

-Did a do-over. Reverted Big Bento skin back to default files.
-Installed only "CoverPlaying-main.zip" this time.

So I just wanted to let you @ChocolateAdventurouz know of this.
(I didn't install the "Big Bento WACUPFied" and "Big Bento Redux WACUPFied" mods you mentioned though!)

However I mainly wanted to post some information about the CoverPlaying mod.
I like it. But here's some changes I applied to hide a couple if things.

If you want to change the following things, find, open and edit the following lines in
<WACUP Directory>\Skins\Big Bento\xml\player-normal-sui.xml file.

(I used red for what to find, and green for what to replace it with.)

1/ (If) You want to change the name of the Tab from "⭐CoverPlaying" to anything else you prefer, (ex. "Cover")

on line 371, find:

tabtext="⭐CoverPlaying"

and change to:

tabtext="Cover"

2/ (If) You want to hide the CoverPlaying version info "⭐CoverPlaying - Version 1.12" entirely, instead of it displaying,

on line 250, find:

text="⭐CoverPlaying - Version 1.12"

and change to:

text=""

3/ (If) You want to hide the "Now Playing: Artist - Song Title" part entirely, instead of it displaying,

on line 246, find:

x="0" y="0" w="1000000" h="15" visible="1"

and change 'visible' from 1 to 0, like so:

x="0" y="0" w="1000000" h="15" visible="0"

No discredit to the original mod maker. On the contrary. Love the modification you made!
I simply find it more appropriate this way.

Before:

After:

Shoutout to Stevie Wonder and his band!  :D :D  8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 02:44:43 AM by SwiftReal »

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 01:34:06 PM »
Hello! Sorry for the late response.

The interface has problems some times.
Although, I can't reproduce that issue here. I patched 2 clear skins with modplace, and it worked. I will check if there is something else!
You don't have to install coverplaying separately, as it is already included

However, you can access ModPlace from <Right-Click> -> Options -> Modplace

Thanks for taking the time for testing it and sharing some tweaks :) and sorry for the inconvenience!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 02:11:19 PM by ChocolateAdventurouz »

SwiftReal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 03:09:50 PM »
Great! No worries.

I tried installing it again and see if anything changed. And yes. It worked!
Player didn't crash. Found and tried all the features, all of which worked fine.

However, I noticed something odd with "Enable/Disable File Labels".
Something minor.
When enabled the checkmark in the menu is not drawn. And vice versa.
When disabled the checkmark in the menu is drawn.
Should be the other way around.
Something you overlooked, I think.

Concerning the 6th mod you made, I forgot where/how to enabled the Album Art under the que list. Can you tell me where it is?
So, I haven't tested the "Video playback to cover" of ModPlace yet.

EDIT: Found where. Options > Playlist > Show Album Art if Playlist is enlarged
EDIT2: You could just change "Enable/Disable File Labels" to "Enable/Disable Hiding File Labels"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:28:07 PM by SwiftReal »

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 04:57:36 PM »
Great! No worries.

I tried installing it again and see if anything changed. And yes. It worked!
Player didn't crash. Found and tried all the features, all of which worked fine.

However, I noticed something odd with "Enable/Disable File Labels".
Something minor.
When enabled the checkmark in the menu is not drawn. And vice versa.
When disabled the checkmark in the menu is drawn.
Should be the other way around.
Something you overlooked, I think.

Concerning the 6th mod you made, I forgot where/how to enabled the Album Art under the que list. Can you tell me where it is?
So, I haven't tested the "Video playback to cover" of ModPlace yet.

EDIT: Found where. Options > Playlist > Show Album Art if Playlist is enlarged
EDIT2: You could just change "Enable/Disable File Labels" to "Enable/Disable Hiding File Labels"

When I was adding that feature, in my head i had: check = yes -> Hide & check= no -> Show
It seems I will have to use your own suggestion (edit2) to avoid confusion!  :D
(Some things need to be documented...)
I think I will have to enable the "Show Album Art if Playlist is enlarged" if it is disabled, on the "Video playback to cover" mod!

Thanks for using it and providing feedback!  :D
P.S: The WACUPFied version is the skin that comes with WACUP (it has some changes) but it will work with Big Bento Redux as well (https://github.com/ChocolateAdventurouz/Winamp-BigBentoREDUX)

SwiftReal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 05:07:53 PM »
No problem! Yea, enable the "Show Album Art if Playlist is enlarged" if it is disabled.
However, when I tried playing a video and checking out your mod, the display stayed black. (blacked out)
Video was playing in the video Tab, but not in the "Video playback to cover" area. So, didn't have a great experience with it. In all honesty.

Another thing which would be a nice addition, if possible, is when you right-click the CoverPlaying album art picture,
and select "Refresh Album Art" that it would change to the next Album Art, if any more art is present.
This feature however also does not work by default in WACUP, when doing the same action on the art under enlarged playlist.
(If that makes sense.) Don't know if you can make 'm work.

I'll make sure to leave a post if I have any more feedback.
Have a great day! :-)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 05:08:59 PM by SwiftReal »

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 05:34:24 PM »
However, when I tried playing a video and checking out your mod, the display stayed black. (blacked out)
Video was playing in the video Tab, but not in the "Video playback to cover" area. So, didn't have a great experience with it. In all honesty.

Another thing which would be a nice addition, if possible, is when you right-click the CoverPlaying album art picture,
and select "Refresh Album Art" that it would change to the next Album Art, if any more art is present.
This feature however also does not work by default in WACUP, when doing the same action on the art under enlarged playlist.
(If that makes sense.) Don't know if you can make 'm work.

I'll make sure to leave a post if I have any more feedback.
Have a great day! :-)

Hmm... The "Video playback to cover" mod is not fully completed, and I am sure it has plenty of issues (that's the reason I added that warning). I haven't tested it in a while. The simplest workaround that I can provide (it is a bug), is when this mod is enabled, don't click on the "Video" tab, this will result in the black display. 

The album art thing seems from complicated to "I don't know if there is a way to" obtain the next metadata. Even though, I will check if there is a way to do it

SwiftReal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 05:43:06 PM »
Yea, you're right. Switching to Media Library Tab first, for example, helps out.
What also helps is (while not having Video Tab loaded!) I just toggle "Show Album Art if Playlist is enlarged"* off and on.
Then the video in "Video playback to cover" area appears again.

Maybe, just a thought, you can have the mod toggle that* (off and then on) whenever you (1.) load/click a different Tab than the Video Tab, and 2. the "Video playback to cover" mod is enabled ofcourse.

:)

Clicking the Video Tab perhaps should toggle it off, by default. What do you think? Can't have two videos visibly playing simultaneously. Right? :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 05:45:38 PM by SwiftReal »

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 06:01:11 PM »
Yea, you're right. Switching to Media Library Tab first, for example, helps out.
What also helps is (while not having Video Tab loaded!) I just toggle "Show Album Art if Playlist is enlarged"* off and on.
Then the video in "Video playback to cover" area appears again.

Maybe, just a thought, you can have the mod toggle that* (off and then on) whenever you (1.) load/click a different Tab than the Video Tab, and 2. the "Video playback to cover" mod is enabled ofcourse.
Yeah, that could be an easy thing to do!
Can't have two videos visibly playing simultaneously. Right? :)
As far as I know, no. I don't know if there is a "hack" to do it. I don't understand the reason to do this, in the first place.

SwiftReal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2022, 06:09:55 PM »
I think it takes (or could take) up too much resources to render two videos. But that's a guess. Better just simply respect that restriction.

EDIT: I think it's best to toggle it* off when the Video Tab is selected. Any other tab should toggles it* on.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 07:24:00 PM by SwiftReal »

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 07:42:32 PM »
I think it takes (or could take) up too much resources to render two videos. But that's a guess. Better just simply respect that restriction.

EDIT: I think it's best to toggle it* off when the Video Tab is selected. Any other tab should toggles it* on.

That's what I did :) - Added! It will display a message on the video tab that says "Video2Art is enabled.", in order to remind the user that they forgot video2cover on  ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 07:45:33 PM by ChocolateAdventurouz »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 08:39:52 PM »
It's more down to there only being a single playback pipeline & so only one output window to work with though double video would have a resource hit to add. Supporting more could be possible though like with the multiple vis support, the main issue is the modern skin engine can't correctly handle that because it wasn't coded to do so within the confines of a 2.x style player (winamp3 had the means to play multiple items at once).

-dro

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
Version 0.3 released
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2022, 03:29:08 PM »
  • Updated CoverPlaying sources to 1.2
  • Fixed video2art glitches (thanks @SwiftReal)
  • Vocabulary things
  • The album art on the playlist will be enabled when video2cover is activated. (thanks @SwiftReal)

SwiftReal

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 06:38:57 PM »
Nice going.

I think "Video playback to cover enabled." would be bit more user-friendly message. (line 59)
I also added some spacing in Y-axis; changed from 5 to 25. (same line 59)

It's unfortunate that the player has to seemingly be reloaded twice, after enabling "Video playback to cover" though.

It works, with one caveat though, I have to slightly resize the area for the video to render and not stay blacked out.
(Im testing with adding URLs from YouTube. Some videos from YouTube do not play smooth at all. Other are fine.)

Do you happen to know how I can prevent WACUP from resizing the Main Window, whenever a rather high-res video (from YouTube) is loaded in?

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2022, 08:09:06 PM »
Nice going.

I think "Video playback to cover enabled." would be bit more user-friendly message. (line 59)
I also added some spacing in Y-axis; changed from 5 to 25. (same line 59)
thanks for the feedback!  ;) - i will see the y-axis thing, as it might not be seen by resizing
It's unfortunate that the player has to seemingly be reloaded twice, after enabling "Video playback to cover" though.
That's something i added, to make sure  that the skin will re-read the attribs and apply the x changes (the
 pl album art activation when video2cover is enabled) - also, i have to reduce the reloading cycle to 1. thanks for noticing 'tho

(Im testing with adding URLs from YouTube. Some videos from YouTube do not play smooth at all. Other are fine.)
not modplace's problem  ;D - Winamp/WACUP have problems on video playback sometimes.
Do you happen to know how I can prevent WACUP from resizing the Main Window, whenever a rather high-res video (from YouTube) is loaded in?

Preferences -> Video -> Resize video window to fit video
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 08:22:10 PM by ChocolateAdventurouz »