Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How To Recover Off-Screen Modules  (Read 4300 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
How To Recover Off-Screen Modules
« on: May 29, 2021, 05:41:18 PM »
While playing around with the app sizing feature (Classic 2 x) several modules have vanished! Actually, my guess is that they are simply out-of-view of the desktop and am clueless how to drag them back into view. I hope there is a way without resorting to a system recovery or re-install. -thx

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: How To Recover Off-Screen Modules
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 06:05:54 PM »
From the command-line wacup.exe /RESETCLASSICSKINPOS

That should work for anything that's officially known about. For 3rd party plug-ins then it's manually editing config files which would need to be added to the known list of values to be handled.

-dro
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 06:07:09 PM by dro »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 08:21:07 PM »
From the command-line wacup.exe /RESETCLASSICSKINPOS

That should work for anything that's officially known about. For 3rd party plug-ins then it's manually editing config files which would need to be added to the known list of values to be handled.

-dro
no joy

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 09:14:30 PM »
What windows are missing ?

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 09:28:33 PM »
What windows are missing ?

-dro
missing :
WACUP (main?)
Classic Spectrum Analyzer
Playlist Editor
Equalizer
Waveform Seeker

NOT missing :
Big Clock (lucky)
Album Art (probably because its size is +75% of the full monitor

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 06:31:41 PM »
anyone else?

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 01:08:35 AM »
That command should have worked as long as it was done from within the WACUP install folder (that's the only thing I can explain the action not working) as all of the windows noted are covered by the action. You'll have to go into the WACUP settings folder (typically %appdata%\wacup but might be different if using a portable / custom install location), find the winamp.ini & as a starting point look for the wx & wy entries (within the [winamp] section) & post what those values are set to be before removing them to help confirm it's going to appear in the correct location.

Only other things, was WACUP set to appear on a monitor to the left of the main monitor (as configured with the OS display settings) & have you tried disabling double-size mode via the main right-click menu which you should be able to access via the windows that are showing. The other way to get to that menu if there's nothing showing is either via the notification area icon menu or holding shift down when right-clicking the running WACUP taskbar icon which should show a menu with the WACUP build as the submenu string & the option can be found within that.

I probably need to come up with a solution to make it easier to access some of these command-line helper options as others have had issues trying to access the command-line.

-dro
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 01:09:47 AM by dro »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 06:02:02 PM »
I did navigate to the WACUP install directory and opened an elevated command window with administrative rights and input your command which resulted in my 'no joy' response. That directory's path is C:\WACUP.

Just prior to seeing your latest reply I revisited this post and invoked the Reply #3 with success.

However, the info in your reply here is very helpful and informative.

-thank you

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 02:16:30 PM »
I've changed the mode so it'll now also reset the double-size mode option back to off if it's been set since that seems to have helped with this.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 01:13:22 AM »
I recently had a different experience with the "RESETCLASSICSKINPOS" command line option. I only use 1 monitor and don't use the double-size mode option. I mostly use modern skins but recently my media library window stopped being displayed for all the classic skins in my collection. So I used this command line option to get the media library window to display again. All of the classic skin windows (including the media library) were displayed in their default positions and I was able to resize and reposition all of them except for the main player window. The main player window was displayed in the upper left hand corner and I couldn't move it.

Nothing I tried would work. I somehow got the window to stop being displayed and had to rerun the command line option to get it back. I was finally able to reposition the main player window by editing its position parameters in the winamp.ini file. I was able to figure out what these parameters are by comparing the active winamp.ini with a fairly recent backup. There were other differences between these files, so i didn't want to simply replace the active winamp.ini with the older one.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 03:52:33 AM »
I can't remember if it came up before or not but have you disabled the video support? As I know there's an issue with that & how the classic skin handling works especially when trying to move the main window that'll mess up where it thinks things are. It is fixed for the next build but that's the only obvious thing that I can explain it acting as described (again, I can't remember if this was already explained or not).

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 06:39:44 AM »
Yes I have disabled the video support. It was one of the first things I did when I started using WACUP. I don't remember the issue with video support and classic skin handling being mentioned before. If it had been (and I noticed it), I assume I would have enabled video support and just not used it. I try to disable everything (features and default plug-ins) that I don't use to reduce WACUP's loading time and the computer resources being used. I assume the time and resources saved would be minimal, but every little bit helps. ;)

Anyway this is one of the few issues I've been having that sound like they will be fixed with the next build. Will you be releasing it this month?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:05:27 AM by Aminifu »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 06:49:28 PM »
how do you disable video support? And, if you don't mind, can you list the other items you have disabled? -thx

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2021, 09:51:53 PM »
Preferences -> Playback -> Video -> button at the top of the prefs page. To re-enable it you have to go to the advanced section at the bottom of the preference tree.

Anyway this is one of the few issues I've been having that sound like they will be fixed with the next build. Will you be releasing it this month?
I'm hoping so as I'm behind on where I want to be but a chunk of that has been due to trying to replace more aspects taking longer than I expected.

-dro
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 09:52:40 PM by dro »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 08:02:40 AM »
how do you disable video support? And, if you don't mind, can you list the other items you have disabled? -thx

dro provide the info requested on video support.

I look at every WACUP preference option for each build released. Since I disable (or leave disabled) 1 or more items in each of WACUP's 8 major preference option groups, a complete specific list would be quite long. To summarize, I disable the notification area and agent, equalizer, replay gain, stream silence detection, 11 input plug-ins, 5 output plug-ins, 1 DSP/Effect plug-in, 8 general purpose plug-ins, 4 media library plug-ins, 3 portables plug-ins, all streaming features, and some of the advanced options (including video support, as already mentioned).

I do use a few plug-ins that are not included in the WACUP installation package.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:11:26 AM by Aminifu »