Latest WACUP beta release is build #9478 (November 30th 2021) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #7236 (March 11th 2021)

NOTE: New beta testers are not currently being added as I need to re-work the beta test program

If you've not already requested to be a beta tester & would like to then please send a PM to 'dro' to be added to the beta test group.

Note: requests to be a beta tester are processed in batches when new beta builds are released so please by patient of this process.

Author Topic: Plugin compatibility with XMPlay?  (Read 376 times)

Sebby75

• View Profile
Plugin compatibility with XMPlay?
« on: May 29, 2021, 09:07:11 AM »
Hi..

I have discovered WACUP while looking for some recently updated input plugins for XMPlay.
Generally XMPlay supports both it's own and winamp input plugins.. but for whatever reason it cannot see any of the WACUP input plugins apart from in_snes.dll, is there any reason for this?? Are WACUP input plugins somehow different from the ones from Winamp??

Regards
Seb

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Plugin compatibility with XMPlay?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 02:36:28 PM »
The native WACUP plug-ins are linked to & require the WACUP core as part of giving a better WACUP experience. So unless another program fully replicates all of that then they're not going to work. They also use a newer revisions of the input plug-in api (same applies to the majority of the other plug-in types).

My aim is to support Winamp plug-ins up to the 5.666 specifications & then anything that's WACUP native can be made hopefully better to get around some of the issues that I've always had with the basic Winamp plug-in specification. Also funnily enough I've had requests to have WACUP support the loading of xmplay plug-ins.

-dro