Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Plugin compatibility with XMPlay?  (Read 1472 times)

Sebby75

• View Profile
Plugin compatibility with XMPlay?
« on: May 29, 2021, 09:07:11 AM »
Hi..

I have discovered WACUP while looking for some recently updated input plugins for XMPlay.
Generally XMPlay supports both it's own and winamp input plugins.. but for whatever reason it cannot see any of the WACUP input plugins apart from in_snes.dll, is there any reason for this?? Are WACUP input plugins somehow different from the ones from Winamp??

Regards
Seb

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Plugin compatibility with XMPlay?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 02:36:28 PM »
The native WACUP plug-ins are linked to & require the WACUP core as part of giving a better WACUP experience. So unless another program fully replicates all of that then they're not going to work. They also use a newer revisions of the input plug-in api (same applies to the majority of the other plug-in types).

My aim is to support Winamp plug-ins up to the 5.666 specifications & then anything that's WACUP native can be made hopefully better to get around some of the issues that I've always had with the basic Winamp plug-in specification. Also funnily enough I've had requests to have WACUP support the loading of xmplay plug-ins.

-dro