Author Topic: Managing Smart Views  (Read 2757 times)

Petrž

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Managing Smart Views
« on: March 27, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »
I would really love to be able to manage my smart views into groups that I could expand / collapse the same way as Playlists or whole Local Library with that little arrows :)
User Experience Master

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Managing Smart Views
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:49:46 AM »
Hmm, I'm not aware of there being a playlist grouping feature.

As for grouping of smartviews (which should also be present with playlists and bookmakrs when I get my bookmark plug-in for doing that finished off), the main issue I see with it is how to deal with selecting the 'group' node. As should it act like having selected all of the 'child' nodes (i.e. combines all of the results into a single view) or just show a list of those nodes and some details (a bit like the playlists root node and it's summary view) which can then be selected from to get to the desired node. As I get the main way of accessing things would probably be from clicking the node directly but have to think about such things otherwise empty node views looks wrong and so on.

The other issue is that it somewhat requires a fair bit of coding to either override the local library plug-in (which based on the much simpler bookmarks plug-in was not trivial) or to just start on a replacement local library plug-in and build in such support from the start (which would be better but just needs more time due to having to do everything else needed with such a plug-in - more work compared to some of the other library plug-ins I've already re-implemented in WACUP).

-dro