Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [FIXED] BUG with old winamp2.* skin  (Read 5203 times)

macska

• View Profile
[FIXED] BUG with old winamp2.* skin
« on: December 24, 2020, 05:10:43 PM »
Hi ! I am using latest preview version, fresh install..using oldschool skin. on windows10pro. When pressing the stop button or any other button, nothing happening.. only 2nd pressing...there is a little video..sry for my english..

https://imgur.com/a/tQW5aH7
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 03:05:05 PM by dro »

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: BUG with old winamp2.* skin
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 05:17:43 PM »
I personally can't see it with anything I try, what exactly were you playing? (MP3, FLAC, etc)
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 05:19:25 PM »
It's because of toggling from windowshade mode to normal mode & there was a temporary workaround added (until I take over the main window drawing from the Winamp core) in the recent build that tries to filter out that toggle action being able to trigger the action buttons (play / pause / etc) due to where the mouse is seen as being whilst the classic main window is being resized.

I'll see about getting that workaround improved for the next update though the sooner I drop the need for the Winamp core the better. At least it didn't crash as that was also part of the reason for needing to add in the workaround for a bug in Winamp's core :)

-dro

macska

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 04:03:00 AM »
I personally can't see it with anything I try, what exactly were you playing? (MP3, FLAC, etc)

Tested on mp3 and flac too..
Deleted *.* reinstalled again..no options..nothing changed..play the first flac, or mp3 and same problem..
Thanks for Wacup !!!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 03:54:25 AM »
I've now properly had a look into this & the position of the mouse when having the main window docked to the top of the screen makes it easier to replicate.

The problem was the temp fix I'd put in place isn't correctly dealing with the classic main window expanding down instead of the issue that led to need to fix with the window expanding upward when docked to other windows.

I've got a change for the next build but like I noted earlier, I've got to take over the complete main window handling to properly resolve this.

-dro
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 04:13:00 AM by dro »

macska

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 01:48:45 PM »
Problem solved.. Thank You Very much !!! Wacup is the best !!!..with old winamp skin :):) Happy new year !!!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [FIXED] BUG with old winamp2.* skin
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 03:05:32 PM »
Thanks for the quick confirmation & a happy new year to you as well.

-dro