Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Genre-Based EQ  (Read 4888 times)

SoggieWafflz

• wait what's going on
    • View Profile
Genre-Based EQ
« on: January 27, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »
Hello!

Finally noticed this was a thing, and wow do I love WACUP! The whole reason I found out about this is I was trying to look for a way to set my EQ based on a song's metadata, since I have way way way too many individual songs, and setting the EQ on them all individually would literally take days. I couldn't find a single remnant of any previous plugins that did this for winamp, but I did find links to WACUP, and so I figured I'd post here? I searched a few times to try and check if this had already been posted, and I couldn't find anything that would lead me to believe it had already been posted, so

here it is.

tldr; too many songs to set auto eq individually, genre based auto-eq settings

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: Genre-Based EQ
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 12:45:40 PM »
I just had a quick test run from what I had guessed would work (only with local files afaict).
For the auto EQ function to work with WACUP, you'd need to create presets for each song and save them as "Auto-load preset" (keep the name as is for it to work), once you're done with that, press the AUTO button in the EQ and the EQ will set itself up properly
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 03:14:09 PM »
Ironically I made a Winamp plug-in (auto eq) for doing just this but I don't have easy access to the source code to just bolt it into WACUP.

I'll need to find the code backup & then get it integrated otherwise the auto mode works as mentioned above.

-dro

SoggieWafflz

• wait what's going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 08:36:56 PM »
Ironically I made a Winamp plug-in (auto eq) for doing just this but I don't have easy access to the source code to just bolt it into WACUP.

I'll need to find the code backup & then get it integrated otherwise the auto mode works as mentioned above.

-dro

Yeah! I spent a few hours last night trying to search the internet for some kind of remnant of your old plugin! Couldn't find anything though...

Alec

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 01:42:49 PM »
I am also searching everywhere for the auto eq plugin gen_autoeq.dll for genre based eq, unfortunately have no backup of DRO Plugin Pack from back in the days. Is there anything integrated in the BETA version yet? Would love to join.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 03:07:01 PM »
That plug-in ended up being integrated into the WACUP core (looks like it was done not long after the last preview build).

I'll be actioning any new beta requests once the next beta build is done around the end of the month (as of this reply).

-dro