Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Displaying the active Playlist Title  (Read 2452 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Displaying the active Playlist Title
« on: September 25, 2021, 09:55:00 PM »
Hi All active Skinners,

I need a little help. Is there a relatively simple way to get and display the active playlist title/filename (if it has one) in the status bar of the Playlist Editor?

After a few days using a particular playlist, I forget it's title/filename. If I decide to edit the playlist, then I have to use the media library view to find the title/filename of the playlist I'm using.

I mostly use modern skins, but if my request is possible it would be nice to be able to use it in classic and modern skins.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 09:56:48 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Displaying the active Playlist Title
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 01:58:40 PM »
There's no ability for anything to do this as once something's added into the main playlist editor (which is better thought of as a temporary queue / scratch list), there's no context of where those items have come from.

It's something that has cropped up numerous times over the years based on how other players seem to hide all of it away & track things which Winamp never has & I've yet to figure out how best to do it whilst working within some of the compatibility aspects that I've got to hold to.

-dro