Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Current Forum Display Issues  (Read 7301 times)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Current Forum Display Issues
« on: November 12, 2016, 02:55:56 AM »
Not that it's been commented on (unless I've missed it somehowbut I am aware that some of the action buttons on the forum (mainly when accessed via a mobile / small screen) are just showing as orange buttons with no image.

I'm looking into what is causing the theme to not show the images that it's meant to be so should have it resolved as soon as possible.

If you find anything else then please do say and I'ill do what I can to get it fixed.

-dro

p.s. I've also tweaked some of the mobile view sizes so once the browser cache gets updated then they should appear (e.g. the user info block on mobile is now like the desktop / large screen view so it's side-by-side instead of vertical which gets a fair bit of screen space back so the news banner should appear on mobile viewing now).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:22:04 PM by dro »

QOAL

• View Profile
Re: Current Forum Display Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 06:28:34 PM »
I've looked into the missing images issue.

It's due to a difference in Font Awesome's style sheet.
The forums are running 4.6.3.
The theme being used ships with a a modified style sheet (of 4.4.0, but that's irrelevant) that adds additional classes as aliases.

There's a couple of things that could be done.
The easiest is just rolling back to the theme's version of Font Awesome, hoping other parts of the forum don't use the newer glyphs.
The other two options are 1) Add the missing classes to the new style sheet 2) Change the theme to use the correct class names.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:01:36 AM »
Thanks for having a look into things, is much appreciated.

As much as just using an older version is tempting, doing #1 or #2 is the better option in trying to do it right :)

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 06:01:32 PM »
Depending on browser caching (which is why it took a while for me to see the issue :( ) and all that fun, the correct images on the buttons should now start to begin showing.

I've ended up adopting suggestion #1 from [member=6]QOAL[/member] as the alternative aliases which were being used in the custom copy of the fontawesome css are there to map things from the SMF forum values to the desired FA icon (so it was relevant as the hint helped me to work out why I couldn't find what I was looking for between the aliases and the theme's code :) ).

And as it's just the CSS that needs to be tweaked I can still leverage the CDN cache for the font files, etc whilst maintaining a locally provided CSS file (which should be CDN backed anyway from using Cloudflare to handle things).

-dro