Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Is there any way to force FLAC to output Stereo?  (Read 4480 times)

Bombadil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Is there any way to force FLAC to output Stereo?
« on: March 17, 2021, 08:50:04 PM »
Is there any way to force FLAC to output downmixed Stereo the WinampAC3 input plugin does?

I see I have Flac Decoder 1.2.3, but I don't see any options...

The thing is I have some 4.1 flac files and they just play half of the channels...

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Re: Is there any way to force FLAC to output Stereo?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 12:22:56 AM »
Change the settings in the AC3 plugin to stereo.
make sure you have the newest version https://sourceforge.net/projects/ac3filter/files/winampac3/
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 01:08:18 AM »
It'd probably be better to use the interim update of matrix mixer plug-in that's available in the beta sub-forum.

The only downside of that is some crashes on closing due to a weirdness I need to fully resolve from it loading the other output plug-ins otherwise it should do what's needed & it's based on aspects of the above noted plug-in.

-dro

Bombadil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 03:20:46 AM »
Change the settings in the AC3 plugin to stereo.
make sure you have the newest version https://sourceforge.net/projects/ac3filter/files/winampac3/

But...   that's for AC3 and DTS, it doesn't do anything for FLAC files...

It'd probably be better to use the interim update of matrix mixer plug-in that's available in the beta sub-forum.

The only downside of that is some crashes on closing due to a weirdness I need to fully resolve from it loading the other output plug-ins otherwise it should do what's needed & it's based on aspects of the above noted plug-in.

The problem is that matrix mixer is an output plugin, unlike WinampAC3, which is an input one. I want to keep using Audioburst as my output plugin, but it only works with stereo sources.

Sooo...    is it possible to put an option in the FLAC *input* or elsewhere to force it to stereo?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 03:48:27 AM »
matrix mixer should still work with audioburst as the reason I needed to start making an updated version was so matrix mixer can handle the wacup output plug-in revisions whilst still allowing the older specification output plug-ins to work :)

I can otherwise add it to the todo list for in_flac.

-dro

Bombadil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 11:41:01 PM »
matrix mixer should still work with audioburst as the reason I needed to start making an updated version was so matrix mixer can handle the wacup output plug-in revisions whilst still allowing the older specification output plug-ins to work :)

I can otherwise add it to the todo list for in_flac.

-dro

It works. Didn't realize matrix mixer uses other output plugins.

Many thanks for the help!