Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Can WACUP Start & Begin ...  (Read 3003 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Can WACUP Start & Begin ...
« on: February 17, 2021, 05:34:47 PM »
... playback at PC power/startup? If possible, how to best implement?

(fwiw, if I exit WACUP during playback, starting a new WACUP session begins playback from last session's position, so, I can remember to do this before session exits.)

-thank you

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Can WACUP Start & Begin ...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 05:38:56 PM »
Go to Preferences -> Playback -> Autoplay -> 'Extra Options' tab -> check the top option.

You should be able to check with Win10's task manager to see if it's been applied correctly via it's start-up tab. If it doesn't show then you may need to run WACUP once as an admin but it should work normally unless normal user permissions disallow it.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 06:21:48 PM »
Awesome ... you are the WACUP god!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 06:36:31 PM »
Good thing I already coded that in back around 2004/5 (the plug-in that implements that was my first one all those years back).

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 05:59:05 PM »
I know not what I did.

Originally, my scenario was to minimize WACUP to the taskbar prior to shutdown and it would be in this minimized state after power-up.

NOW, for reasons I cannot understand/fix, WACUP is appearing full screen (non-minimized) after power-up.

Help!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 09:02:51 PM »
If it's been closed correctly then the last view state should be remembered between sessions unless you're using a modern skin (that's never properly worked with that behaviour & I don't have any plans to try & patch gen_ff to do it - it'll have to wait until I eventually make my own modern skin plug-in).

Alternatively if you're starting WACUP from a shortcut, the properties on that might have been changed & if you're always wanting it to start minimised (ignoring the modern skin issue) then you can set the 'run' action to minimised to try & force that.

Otherwise most likely the view state isn't being saved out either due to a crash on closing or it not having enough time to complete as can happen sometimes if other actions are being slow in the closing stage.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 12:52:11 AM »
I have not exited it in weeks. An exit and a fresh open seems to have solved it. Thank you.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 01:58:34 PM »
Were you suspending the system? If not I'm confused by what you're trying to describe.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 05:02:33 PM »
Were you suspending the system? If not I'm confused by what you're trying to describe.

-dro
Perhaps I should have made it a new post as I re-consider the relevance to this initial topic. Too late now, sorry ...Here is what I posted "
Quote from: MourningStar
... my scenario (NOW is) to minimize WACUP to the taskbar prior to (pc) shutdown and it would be in this minimized state after (pc) power-up.
Anyways, all is good now, my apologies