Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Old 3rd Party Plug-in stopped working with WACUP  (Read 3601 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Old 3rd Party Plug-in stopped working with WACUP
« on: July 25, 2020, 07:31:20 PM »
Hi dro,

I have an old 3rd party general purpose plug-in (attached to this post) called "gen_intro.dll" that I used to help me find songs that I can't remember their titles. This plug-in would play a user select-able portion of each song in a playlist. It has other features that never worked correctly, but I don't care about them.

This plug-in's intro feature used to work with WACUP several versions back, but it no longer does. Can you take a look at it when you get some free time (or want to work on something different ;) ) or can you suggest an alternate way of automatically playing the first part of files?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 02:54:29 AM by dro »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Old 3rd Party Plug-in stopped working with WACUP
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 10:25:31 PM »
Just tried it & it's still working from what I could see. Installed & then enabled & tried one mp3 which played for 10sec & then stopped. Restarted & without going back to the settings it then did the same on the next file. Went back to the config to check it was showing correctly which it was.

Maybe I should just go ahead & implement it directly (was thinking as a sub-group on the root playback prefs node since it's related to playback control).

-dro
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:32:13 PM by dro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 03:37:38 AM »
Attached is what I've just added for the next build.
I've not re-implemented everything & I probably need to add in some control over the fading time but it should do as a starting point.
-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 04:34:46 AM »
Wow, you're awesome! Thanx.  :)

I just re-enabled the plug-in and tried it with build 5864 and it will not accept a playtime change (defaults to 10 seconds).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:50:56 AM by Aminifu »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
I found a way to change the playtime for the gen_intro plug-in while waiting for your addition in the next build.

The configuration data for this plug-in is saved in the "[WinampIntroPlay]" section in the plugins.ini file. The playtime is not included for some unknown reason (so it defaults to 10 seconds), but it can be manually added by inserting a "Time=" variable. I have re-enabled the Settings Cache and noticed this by reviewing the Settings Cache tab in the Preferences - Advanced - Diagnostics options.

The advanced diagnostics is a great resource, I'm very glad you added it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:50:52 PM by Aminifu »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »
Dunno why it's not saving it as I'd tried with & without the settings cache just to be certain though the native solution should be fine & likewise I was also using the diagnostics to help monitor things along with having the config file loaded in notepad++ to track when it sees external modifications.

I've not tried to re-use the settings that gen_intro did (debated doing it but thought it best not to) so you'll need to re-enable things once you can play with it.

There might also be some small changes in behaviour compared to the plug-in as the timing is a bit more exact from what I could tell (bigclock tends to stop just on or before the duration whilst gen_intro would be half a second or so longer before it terminated) plus the fadeout tries not to block the ui like the winamp mode that the plug-in was calling does from what I could see (still need to apply that to the main stop w/fadeout option).

-dro