Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How can I import plugins over from Winamp  (Read 2656 times)

JLPicard

• View Profile
How can I import plugins over from Winamp
« on: May 19, 2020, 01:24:29 AM »
Particularly dsp Stereo Tool?

EDIT: I think I got it, I found the .dll, copied, and moved it over seems to work.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:12:09 AM by JLPicard »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: How can I import plugins over from Winamp
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 05:26:05 AM »
Just to add to things since you've sorted it out... Copying the plug-in is one way though that doesn't always work if it relies upon additional dlls (within the WACUP/Winamp folder or runtime files that get installed globally) & it doesn't mean any custom settings will have been moved across subject to how the plug-in works. Ideally you should just be able to use the original plug-in installer & point it at the WACUP install folder & then it's just like installing it normally against Winamp (an area of compatibility that's needed as I want WACUP to be able to act as an in-place 5.66x update).

-dro

p.s. From your threads on the other forum, you shouldn't need to convert / re-encode your FLAC files to a different bitrate (which will be loosing audio data even if not perceptible depending on your hearing & audio system being used if they were created at the higher bitrate) nor changing to a different format (especially not ALAC which is much less portable as an audio format). As the crash issue you're having is not the FLAC files but is with how the 5.8 beta has built its libflac.dll (which does the FLAC decoding) for which 5.666 / WACUP (which uses a newer build of libflac.dll) should not experience & if it does then I'll be happy to have a look into what's going on.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:33:23 AM by dro »