Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP AUDIO IS COMPLETELY DUPLICATED  (Read 2874 times)

ageffen

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
WACUP AUDIO IS COMPLETELY DUPLICATED
« on: March 28, 2020, 07:19:48 PM »
Is there an easy way to delete all of the entries in audio library in WACUP?  I have tried deleting the scan folder and rescanning with another empty directory.  no luck.
I have tried selecting all the entries, right click and delete and my computer just grinds away for hours.

I'm hoping someone can tell me where the file that contains the library information is so i can delete it or at least edit out all the pointers to my music directory.

Thanks.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: WACUP AUDIO IS COMPLETELY DUPLICATED
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 12:36:43 PM »
Enter %appdata%\WACUP\Plugins\ml into Explorer when WACUP is not running (assuming a default install). Then remove the main.dat & main.idx files (that will loose any ratings, playcounts) & then you can start completely fresh.

Alternatively you can just go to the root local library view & do a select all & delete to remove everything that way (there was an option in the preferences but the ml_local plug-in from 5.666 crashes & so the preferences option was removed to avoid me getting crash reports for something that cannot be easily fixed in that plug-in).

However if you've gotten duplicates them it's possible that there's a shortcut link &/or playlist which the local library plug-in parsed & is something to keep in mind as the "issue" may occur again.

-dro