Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Some radio streams choppy when Shoutcast title enabled  (Read 1079 times)

goosebump

• View Profile
Some radio streams choppy when Shoutcast title enabled
« on: February 21, 2022, 04:43:33 PM »
Hi I'm having an issue where some radio streams play very choppy when I have the setting turned on to enable Shoutcast title support.

Here's an example of one:
http://media.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwsimulcast.pls

I did find an old winamp forum post about this that said it's an issue that can be caused by firewalls so I tried turning mine off to test but it didn't seem to make any difference.

If anyone knows a solution for this I'd really appreciate the help! I can live without the titles on if I have to but it would still be nice to have if possible haha.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Some radio streams choppy when Shoutcast title enabled
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 05:02:33 PM »
From a quick look, it's not a proper SHOUTcast provided stream & is using a custom server based on what it's reported as being.
That probably is why things are acting up but I've been out of that scene for too long now that I don't know who/what it would relate to & if there's any workarounds (e.g. url parameters that can be set).

I can't seem to get the stream to start playing irrespective of the in_mp3 plug-in settings as it just seems to hang & does nothing else. Replacing that plug-in since it's one of the last ones from Winamp 5.666 that I'm re-using is a goal for this year but I don't have an eta on when it'll be done. As I strongly suspect the issues seen are down to a combination of that plug-in & the server & they're not talking in the expected manner.

Sorry to say I don't have anything obvious I can do to get it working for you other than what you've already tried if that's working for you.

-dro
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 05:08:53 PM by dro »