Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP output at about 50-60% volume, even though the volume is cranked?  (Read 1144 times)

nebulon5

• View Profile
Hey all, 
title pretty much says it... any other media player I have is as loud as it needs to be - am I missing a setting somewhere?  Winamp was never like this when I had it...

BTW.... THIS IS AWESOME!!  I am SO goddamn grateful to have discovered this beautiful program still alive and well.  Many thanks to the developer for keeping this community alive thru this app! :)

nebulon5

• View Profile
Re: WACUP output at about 50-60% volume, even though the volume is cranked?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 07:31:15 PM »
Nevermind... it seems I've found the issue -

I went in to the Windows Mixer settings, and found that WACUP was set to like 25%!  Not 100% sure why, but that's what it was!  I cranked it up, now it's exactly the same as all the others!

Thanks again for keeping this amazing program alive!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: WACUP output at about 50-60% volume, even though the volume is cranked?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 02:51:25 AM »
The fun that comes from Windows at times though the main thing is you got things sorted. This can happen either if using some of the output plug-ins when set to use direct control, if something in the OS decides it needs to be low to start with if it's the first time seeing it (not very common) or it's just wanting to mess you around that day.

I've just been having a play around with something so I've now got the classic skins (modern skins are a whole different kettle of fish to deal with so they most likely won't be getting the support) to show the WACUP volume level along with the OS mixer level for the process at the time of a volume change (along with something probably on the Playback preferences page to report what's going on & maybe make it possible to change it from there so it's easier to do vs digging into the OS settings).

Also thanks for the kind words :)

-dro