Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Can't speak on stream?  (Read 1332 times)

BekNos

• View Profile
Can't speak on stream?
« on: October 30, 2021, 12:35:09 AM »
So I DJ with Winamp. I didn't even consider it, when I tested the stream a while ago, but I have NO clue where the mic input is. The only thing I can remotely find is "Audio Capture", but that's for recording URLs, right? Either way, I have no idea how to set it up.

At the time of writing this I have a gig in like 2 hours, and if I can't get it to work, I have to hop over to Old winamp and hope it doesn't crash on me.

Originally, the mic settings were on the Shoutcast plugin window, but it's no where to be seen, now.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Can't speak on stream?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 01:11:28 AM »
Originally, the mic settings were on the Shoutcast plugin window, but it's no where to be seen, now.
My plug-in doesn't yet offer all of the features that plug-in offered nor is the SHOUTcast Source DSP included with WACUP (it also didn't come as standard with Winamp) so you've had to have installed it get it there.

Audio Capture is related to capturing from an audio device, not recording urls. Under Winamp it'd be equivalent to doing linein:// & then having the source dsp streaming what's being captured via that. If that's what you're trying to do then that should work with WACUP's plug-ins.

If you're trying to do music & voice mixed together, my plug-ins don't have the means to do that & you'd need to use one of the other plug-ins (they should work under WACUP). Otherwise you're going to have to use the old winamp. Without knowing what you're actually doing & this not being a live medium I don't have much else to offer if you're rushing to do something with a preview version of a player where main things aren't at their full feature set.

-dro

BekNos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 04:16:48 AM »
I tried installing the original Shoutcast option to use it, but it just didn't work. It ended up blocking it. Is there going to be any option for mic voice over to be included?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 12:37:07 PM »
If you installed WACUP as a portable install then you have to opt-in to use 3rd party plug-ins otherwise it should have loaded ok based on my prior tests & knowing what at least one other user has been doing with it.

A voice over mode is already on the todo list but it's not a priority for me to work on at this time as the bigger need is to get WACUP free from relying on Winamp to run.

-dro