Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How To Play CD?  (Read 4696 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
How To Play CD?
« on: September 18, 2021, 07:08:32 PM »
another noob question - My pc is configured to Autoplay cd using WACUP. However, if I play a file afterward, how do I navigate back to play the cd?

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: How To Play CD?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 08:22:16 PM »
I'm using the beta version (instead of the Preview Release) and what I do is open the library window or pane in the skin I'm using and select the CD drive in the panel on the left. The tracks on the CD are listed in the panel on the right. The tracks can be selected and played in the same ways that other media library files are selected and played.

The metadata for each track is also listed if found in the online database that WACUP uses. If metadata for the CD is found, it can be stored locally so that it doesn't need to be looked up again. The locally stored data can be edited.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 08:26:02 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 09:40:40 PM »
resolved - thx Aminifu

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 01:13:27 PM »
Depending on what you were doing, the undo playlist action in the main playlist editor window (better thought of as a temporary queue / scratch list vs what the media library playlists are like) can also be a simpler way to get things back to what had been there prior to what has been set be it loading an audio cd or another playlist, etc if that's what is wanted. Otherwise just add more items into the main playlist however you prefer be it internally or externally.

-dro

gulbis37

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 12:51:10 PM »
Moved here from official Winamp. Very happy that CD metadata is displayed appart of official Winamp doesn't do. It's important for me because I keep internet radio and have to display track's names.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 12:54:12 PM by gulbis37 »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 03:10:13 PM »
Are you using the CD's live during the streaming process? Either that's good to know the metadata look-up seems to be working for you.

-dro

gulbis37

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 04:15:44 PM »
Are you using the CD's live during the streaming process? Either that's good to know the metadata look-up seems to be working for you.

-dro
Yes ,I use CD's live during stream process.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 04:29:24 PM »
Oh ok. I wasn't aware of anyone still doing that (streaming from the CD playing as I know others still use it for normal CD playback) so I'll have to keep that in mind :)

-dro
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:34:36 PM by dro »

gulbis37

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 04:53:11 PM »
Oh ok. I wasn't aware of anyone still doing that (streaming from the CD playing as I know others still use it for normal CD playback) so I'll have to keep that in mind :)

-dro
- I tried to use external CD drive but it doesn't show up in Library options. So I use internal instead.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 05:02:48 PM »
There's limitations with the current preview build when it comes to the number of drives that are recognised which often means only 1 drive will work. To the best of my memory that isn't an issue with what's currently in the beta builds (which will eventually become a new preview build) so that up to 4 drives are supported.

-dro