Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: 7170 Unable to Play Folder ...  (Read 4482 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
7170 Unable to Play Folder ...
« on: February 24, 2021, 05:36:33 AM »
... hangs in open folder dialog, only first file loads & plays and dialog will not close. TM shows 'not responding' and must end task. Single files and streams play ok.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: 7170 Unable to Play Folder ...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 05:03:01 PM »
There's an issue affecting a small number of users from what I can see from the 7170 crash reports which never appeared from the beta testers where a deadlock / hang occurs when the main playlist editor is trying to obtain the title to show for newly added items.

The triggers seem to either be when starting playback (which is why it's odd it's not shown up from the beta testers or my own usage) or when doing a batch import. Thankfully I've got a number of good crash reports showing the points that seem to be cause of the deadlock to work with to get this resolved.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 05:20:56 PM »
There's an issue affecting a small number of users ...  which never appeared from the beta testers ...
Perhaps it is due to only a 'small number of users' is all that play entire folders and/or with sub-folders? If not, oh well, too many other variables may be the cause. In any case, selecting all tracks in a single folder works for me until the fix surfaces. -thx

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 05:26:01 PM »
p.s. where can i find the crash report on my pc?

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 05:29:47 PM »
From what I see it's happening due to at least 2 different ways including non-modified playlists where it's been left to play as a result of 2 different parts trying to get / update at the same time & due to the protection in place, it causes a deadlock which then causes the UI to enter a hung state & then *boom* it triggers the unresponsive crash handler (especially if the user starts to click on things as is how the OS handling in that state goes).

Preferences -> Advanced -> Error Reporting -> there's a clickable link to open the crash reports folder.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 06:28:26 PM »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 08:56:43 PM »
Nah, that isn't what's being experienced.

-dro

Cosa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 02:58:10 AM »
This issue looks to be fixed in the build 7236 release.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 03:07:58 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation. This seems to match with the lack of any crash reports from 7236 installs related to the issue :)

-dro