Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Fullscreen video  (Read 2738 times)

zepper

• View Profile
Fullscreen video
« on: December 10, 2020, 05:57:06 PM »
Well this is a bit disappointing to me so I'm hoping there's a fix.

In fullscreen the controls no longer autohide nor does the mouse pointer. So it's either disable it completely (the mouse pointer still doesn't go away) or have the control always showing. Since I use the player for videos I miss not having autohide so most of my time is still on the old Winamp or VLC. Is this a feature or a bug?

A secondary issue that I also miss is simply clicking the sel button on the bottom and it would automatically select everything in the playlist. Same with the rem button to remove items. Now there's a second menu. Any chance of returning to the old behavior?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 06:26:11 PM by zepper »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Fullscreen video
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 06:35:33 PM »
There's still many things that need to be done with the video support so it's currently incomplete in it's replacement. What you've noted is on my existing todo list, I just haven't focused much on video as for most it's not a priority.

With the classic skin playlist buttons (as that's the only thing I can think off to match what's being described), the option you've noted doesn't relate to that. I made a decision early on when I replaced the playlist editor handling to not re-implement the skinned menus & instead go for something that's more consistent with modern skins whilst improving accessibility.

However I only see those actions working similar to the manner described when doing a double-click in a plain 5.666 due to how the menu first triggers to display & then you're hitting the same area & that registers as an action. I'd be fine with adding a shift+click action or trying to support double-click to try to get close to the winamp behaviour.

-dro

zepper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:02:29 PM »
That's good to hear dro, look forward to future builds. Mainly I'm using it on Win10 for the equalizer that's fixed but it does have a modern feel to it overall.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 06:21:18 AM »
However I only see those actions working similar to the manner described when doing a double-click in a plain 5.666 due to how the menu first triggers to display & then you're hitting the same area & that registers as an action. I'd be fine with adding a shift+click action or trying to support double-click to try to get close to the winamp behaviour.
I've now got double-click working in a manner that seems to be ok whilst allowing the OS menus to be used so hopefully that'll be a happy medium :)

-dro