Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Request for Font Size Adjustment in Stick Mode  (Read 1022 times)

getrad

• View Profile
Request for Font Size Adjustment in Stick Mode
« on: September 25, 2023, 06:28:57 PM »
I’ve been using WACUP and I really enjoy its features. However, I’ve encountered a challenge that I hope can be addressed.

When using WACUP in stick mode, I’ve found that the font size of the playlist is too small for my preference. I’ve tried to find an option to adjust this within the settings but it seems there isn’t one specifically for stick mode.

I’ve also tried the following:

Using keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl + NumPad Plus / Minus) to adjust the font size. This works, but only for non-stick mode.
Adjusting UI Scaling. This does change the font size, but it affects all windows which is not what I’m looking for.

Using double size with a classic skin. This isn’t ideal as it makes everything else too large.

I was wondering if there’s a way to adjust the font size specifically in stick mode without affecting other windows or modes? If not, could this be considered as a feature request for future updates?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The colour scheme of this is too dark in my opinion, but that's just my opinion

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Request for Font Size Adjustment in Stick Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 07:01:06 PM »
What skin specifically are you trying to use & get working as you want ?

-dro

getrad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 05:29:22 AM »
Thank you for your response. I am using Default Classic (built-in ) classic skin

Here's a screenshot of how it appears now along with chrome on my 1080p display.

getrad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 04:40:31 AM »
Also I remember vaguely that the classic Winamp capitalizes all letters in the playlist when in stickbar mode as increasing font size may not be viable. That may also be a possible solution

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 12:52:53 PM »
Preferences -> Skins -> Classic Skins -> Main Window Options -> try checking the use skinned font option. Compared to Winamp I decided to use the non-skinned font as it resolved a number of issues with titles involving non-english characters which the skinned font doesn't support. I also possibly could do with making another option that allows for the playlist windowshaded mode to use the skinned font independently of the main window options.

-dro

getrad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 01:33:04 PM »
Thank you for your response, that option works.