Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Linux download/install script for WACUP in Wine  (Read 1232 times)

bobdobbs

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Linux download/install script for WACUP in Wine
« on: March 18, 2022, 03:13:54 PM »
Here's a very basic script using the installer options to install WACUP in wine.

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash

set -ex

# Options passed to installer:
# /IAGREE   -   Agree to installation [skips the welcome, license & changelog page (if applicable)]
# /PORTABLE  -  Select the portable install mode (settings stored in the install folder) by default instead of a normal install (which stores the settings on a per-user basis)
# /S   -        Run the installer silently, assumes a default full install
# /D=<path>   - Sets the default installation directory and this must be the last parameter used in the command-line and must not contain any quotes, even if the path contains spaces. Only absolute paths are supported.
INSTALLER_OPTS='/S /IAGREE /PORTABLE /D=c:\WACUP'

# Only use wine32 bit for now, with a prefix in ~/.wine32
WINEARCH=win32
WINEPREFIX=${HOME}/.wine32

FILENAME=WACUP_Preview_v1_0_21_7236.exe
# FILENAME=WACUP_Preview_Portable_v1_0_21_7236.exe

URL=https://getwacup.com/preview/${FILENAME}

DOWNLOAD_DIR=/tmp/$(basename ${FILENAME} .exe)

mkdir -p ${DOWNLOAD_DIR}
cd ${DOWNLOAD_DIR} && curl -s -L -C - -O $URL

WINEARCH=${WINEARCH} WINEPREFIX=${WINEPREFIX} wine ./${FILENAME} $INSTALLER_OPTS

Normally I'd put something like this as a public github gist, though I guess that could attract more testers, which I'm not sure are needed right now.

This sort of thing is handy as the basis for automated testing, if I tweak this further I'll update this thread.

For now this is a little my-compute centric, it installs using Wine to a 32 bit prefix in .wine32.