Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Crossfading Plug-ins  (Read 2460 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Crossfading Plug-ins
« on: June 03, 2021, 03:13:31 AM »
I've yet to find a crossfading plug-in that works well with WACUP. Have any of my fellow WACUP users had better luck?

When I was using Winamp I never liked the native crossfading feature that is part of the DirectSound output plug-in and I spent months trying to get sqrsoft's plug-in to work consistently and finally gave up on it. The best plug-ins I found were those developed by ThinkTink, but alas they are not compatible with WACUP.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Mmusicman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Crossfading Plug-ins
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 04:53:21 PM »
I am using SqrSoft Crossfader v1.75 with WACUP with NO issues.
It's old school audio, but it works... and works well.
I will only use DB based crossfades, and never time-based crossfades.
I've been using this crossfader in DJ and streaming applications for decades.

Note that the newest version v1.79 has a HUGE memory leak.
It works fine for short use, but will eat up memory and crash after time.
I contacted the developer, but no plans to fix at this time.
It's unfortunate that no-one else ever came up with a DB based crossfader.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 01:18:10 AM »
Thank you for the feedback, Mmusicman.

I've tried versions 1.72 and 1.79 and neither one would work correctly. I will look for version 1.75 and give it a try.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

typecrazy789

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 05:57:42 PM »
Hello, I'm new here and just found WACUP today as I'm trying to solve a crossfading issue. I have old Sqrsofts (1.4 & 1.6) and, while they work fine with Winamp 5.8, they won't load in WACUP. How are you able to get them to work in WACUP?

Ultimately, I'm trying to push audio from Logitech Media Server via the UPnP/DLNA bridge to some iteration of Winamp/WACUP to use this crossfader, and having little luck so far. I was using Foobar2k but that version of Sqrsoft won't crossfade tracks less than 12 seconds, and the developer hasn't been very responsive regarding if it's fixable or not.