Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Color Themes Menu - Move or Add to Skins menu  (Read 13585 times)

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
[IMPLEMENTED] Color Themes Menu - Move or Add to Skins menu
« on: April 06, 2017, 12:20:52 AM »
In playing with new skins and color themes, I am proposing a change to the menu structure. This may or may not be a good idea so please let me know what you think.
It seems like the Color Themes option should be under the skins option because it changes the colors of the skins being used. It can be moved from it's current location or just added to the new location

Currently you can change the color themes of the skins by going to
Right Click > Options > Color Themes

The new proposed change would be to put color themes under the skins menu. It would look like this.
Right Click > Skins
You have the options of:
    Skin Browser
    << Get More Skins >>
--------------------------------
    Classic
    Modern
    cPro
--------------------------------
    Color Themes
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:41:53 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Color Themes Menu - Move or Add to Skins menu
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 12:46:42 AM »
At times those menus are a mess but some of it stems from the needs of classic skins vs re-using things in other places which the skins aspects falls under. Then modern skins came along and things got a bit messier as it depends on whether it's the 'main' right-click menu or if the skin provides a menu bar option (e.g. bento, winamp modern) which provides another altering of the format of the menus.

I'm mentioning all of the above as I like the idea of it being added to the skins menus but for the skins with menu bars, it can potentially make things seem a bit more messier than it already is (e.g. for Bento the 'options' menu starts with the 'skins' submenu along with the colour themes sub-menu being at the bottom of the 'options' menu).

However, knowing the hassle it can be to get to that colour themes submenu at times (especially when playing with cPro skins & a few things I've been playing around with), will see what appears in a later WACUP build :)

-dro

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 02:37:06 AM »
I completely understand. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:31:45 PM »
Combined screenshot of the obvious places the additional submenu will appear is attached.

-dro

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:42:41 PM »
VERY Cool!
Thank YOU!
I know how much of a hassle it can be to alter a lot of this legacy code, but you are masterful.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:54:23 PM »
Is a good thing I'd already got the skin manager plug-in in a good state that made it easy to quickly add that in along with knowing how to enumerate the colour themes after fixing the modern skin menu updating issues from a few months back now. So not too masterful in just some copy + pasting of my existing code but the effect works :)

-dro

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 12:08:44 AM »
Question: will this still work without the skin manager plugin?

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 01:17:49 AM »
For the moment, no. But I intend on moving the plug-in into the WACUP core (which has already been partially started on but needs a bit more work to get it all done) as I don't see any real merit in allowing for it to be disabled since it's just a better (imho) way of dealing with skin management.

-dro