Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: hotkey for cycling through output devices  (Read 5543 times)

• View Profile
hotkey for cycling through output devices
« on: November 28, 2018, 05:31:01 PM »
...with notification toast for each change?

six clicks to change soundcard is really too much :)

hatecubed

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: hotkey for cycling through output devices
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 12:05:12 PM »
I would love for this to be implemented, if possible! :)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 12:32:17 PM »
See you talking about from within a specific output plug-in or changing the actual output plug-in? As the first which I suspect is what's wanted would need to be done by the indovidual output plug-in.

-dro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 05:32:05 PM »
just a basic cycle through available directsound devices would be more than enough... a special choice of cyclable devices would be even more awesome (then a change notification wouldnt be needed) or even an alt+shft+1...5 for number of device. whatever is easiest really.
notification could be in the scrollable song title field/taskbar for example. no need for new interface elements.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 07:15:38 PM »
Ok, so it was as I thought - it needs to be done by the output plug-in due to output device selection being specific to the output mode used. Not much I can really do with the DirectSound plug-in as I don't think there's an interface it exposes to live change things either (you'd be looking at best a hack that causes a restart to allow for the config used to be manipulated which defaults the point of what you're wanting).

-dro