Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Waveform Seeker Plug-in colors  (Read 202 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Waveform Seeker Plug-in colors
« on: April 25, 2024, 02:11:51 AM »
How do I control the foreground and background colors used by the Waveform Seeker plug-in when used with classic and modern skins?

Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

ariszlo

• View Profile
Re: Waveform Seeker Plug-in colors
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:03:16 AM »
In Big Bento Modern, they are defined in system-colors.xml:

<color id="plugin.waveseeker.background" value="40,42,48" gammagroup="PlayerDisplay"/>
<color id="plugin.waveseeker.wave_normal" value="80,82,88" gammagroup="PlayerDisplay"/>
<color id="plugin.waveseeker.wave_playing" value="127,143,239" gammagroup="PlayerSliderLight"/>

In Winamp Classic Modern, they are defined in elements-color.xml:

<color id="plugin.waveseeker.background" value="31,31,54" gammagroup="plastic"/>
<color id="plugin.waveseeker.wave_normal" value="148,147,165" gammagroup="greybuttons"/>
<color id="plugin.waveseeker.wave_playing" value="138,196,64" gammagroup="display-text"/>

In modern skins where the above colours are not defined, the colour of remaining time is the same as wasabi.list.text. The colour of elapsed time varies. In some skins, it is the same as wasabi.list.text.current, in some other skins, I don't know what defines it.

In many classic skins, the colour of remaining time is identical to Normal in pledit.txt, and the colour of elapsed time is identical to Current in pledit.txt.

In WACUP's built in Default Classic, the colour of remaining time is roughly the same as the colour of normal text (#00F800 vs #00FF00) and I don't know what defines the colour of elapsed time. All I know is that it is a darker shade of green (#00B200).
Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:12:17 AM »
Waveform Seeker

For all skin types using a waveseek.txt file in the root of the skin:
[colours]
background=
cue_point=
status_text=
wave_normal=
wave_playing=
wave_failed=

For modern skins only:
plugin.waveseeker.background
plugin.waveseeker.cue_point
plugin.waveseeker.status_text
plugin.waveseeker.wave_normal
plugin.waveseeker.wave_playing
plugin.waveseeker.wave_failed

Big Clock

For all skin types using a bigclock.txt file in the root of the skin:
[colours]
background=
timertext=
timertextshadow=
visosc=
vissa=

For modern skins only:
plugin.bigclock.background
plugin.bigclock.timertext
plugin.bigclock.timertextshadow
plugin.bigclock.visosc
plugin.bigclock.vissa

Under a classic skin & to a lesser extent with modern skins (which tend to be more thoughtful of the generic colours provided), it's basing it on what might be provided from the skin vs default colours & attempting to generate something if needed that has enough visual difference between fore & background colours along with any plug-in specific alpha that's being used.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 05:35:20 PM »
@ariszlo & dro,

Thank you guys very much. The default colors applied to the plug-in by some of the skins I use either don't provide enough foreground to background contrast, or conflict with the main color of the skin, imo. I've been looking for this info for quite a while. I should have asked the question a long time ago.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:36:56 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:16:29 PM »
The waveform seeker stuff has been around for years whereas the big clock handling is from around 2 months back (or a few builds back as my sense of time is massively off at the moment).

-dro
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:57:32 PM by dro »