Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: API to control Wacup with Smart Home Solutions like Home Assistant?  (Read 5786 times)

AdmiralRaccoon

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
It would be great if there could be an integration for Home Assistant (or of course any other smart home solution) with the basic media controls and some additional sensors (eg. which playlist is selected, currently played title)

Sorry if that already has been asked.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: API to control Wacup with Smart Home Solutions like Home Assistant?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 05:31:58 PM »
It ultimately would depend on what it might need for integration as to what can already / would need to be done (seems the only request I could find for this was probably from you on their forum). From a quick look it seems like it probably needs aspects of the web server integration that I've not touched for a while to get that fleshed out & that might be then usable from a plug-in / script on their side (note: not sure as I didn't see anything super obvious from a quick look at their site).

-dro

AdmiralRaccoon

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 06:52:10 PM »
Yes, that was indeed me :-D. Sadly,  no one really cared about it. :-(

Before I´ve started with a One-for-all-Smart-Home-Solution, i loved this App to control Winamp from mobile devices: aWARemote Pro (https://www.geb-dev.com/).
Also sadly, it seems the developer has given up the project, as the Android App vanished from the google play store and no further updates  were made on the website.

Maybe this would be a possible scenario for Wacup, to control it via App?

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 07:51:15 PM »
Hi AdmiralRaccoon,

not sure how invested you are in HomeAssistant but have a look at Homeseer, a great and highly customizable plugin has been developped for Winamp:

https://homeseer.com/
https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3rd-party-developer-area/general-developer-discussion/jon00/94458-jon00-winamp-wacup-controller-for-homeseer-3-and-homeseer-4  (Developer Jon00)

You can customize and manage most WACUP controls via Homeseer dashboard/Android clients.
Jon00 and DrO have been very kind/helpful to facilitate the Homeseer/WACUP integration;
there are still some challenges to make the integration seemless (Library management, JTFE access, etc) but DrO has API/Webserver improvements on the roadmap.
Until a new API is out, I highly doubt we will see another dedicated Android Winamp/WACUP app on the playstore.

Meanwhile, you can also use the Android app "Ampwifi" to complement (The developer is still active/responsive - I use Ampwifi to navigate folders and enqueue via JTFE);
I've used/tested all Android/Winamp interfaces, including AWARemote Pro, PlayaControl, Remote control for winamp, etc.  but the most stable/usable/still active is Ampwifi at the moment.

Hope this helps, feel free to reach out if needed.

Cheers,

bobdobbs

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 01:23:41 PM »
You could probably start with something like this winamp API for control python.
https://github.com/hugovk/winamp

There will be python libraries to do the integration with the other systems that you need.

vendszel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • SBNC.eu
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 11:00:16 PM »
You can always use some keyboard automation tools to send keystrokes to the Wacup window. It's kind of a poor man's automation/integration, but with the customisable keyboard shortcuts of Wacup it can be pretty powerful. I used to make some pretty complex scenarios using autohotkey some time ago...

Glamrlama

• Interesting Noise is Everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 05:46:00 AM »
I can vouch that Ampwifi is quite robust. Not perfect but certainly great remote control of Wacup via Android device.  Nice interface and ability to move around within an existing Playlist and to create new lists on the fly.  Do not seem to be able to save them locally. But you can save them within Wacup itself once you create them.  Very happy with the level of integration.