Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Internet Radio  (Read 2602 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Internet Radio
« on: January 21, 2022, 09:15:43 PM »
Is it possible to only list the stations that are on the air and broadcasting?
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Internet Radio
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 09:41:25 PM »
Not really because that information is not known without re-querying everything at that immediate point in time. What's used is a snapshot that aggregates the services whereas in much older builds it was doing live updates from each client install but that was causing far too many issues from it taking a long time & not being able to complete that I changed it.

To account for delays in when the snapshot is obtained vs transient stations that are there but weren't at the time of the snapshot, it'll also give a few days wiggle room to better ensure something can be shown vs being super strict. This is about the only thing I can really do & may consider an option to only show those from the most recent snapshot (which would risk getting no results if things don't align nicely).

The other issue is that a station being reported via the services doesn't mean it's available or it's there but wasn't at the time of the snapshot & I really don't want to have to start pinging things as a) no one would like me doing it due to the bandwidth hit & b) it's a task that would never realistically be able to complete.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Radio
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 09:11:06 PM »
Ok, it's better to have some stations to check than nothing being listed. It also helps me find active stations faster by scrolling over to the "Last Seen" column and sort the listing by that, after selecting the genre and filter options.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system