Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: "Winamp Matrix Mixer" 5.1 output plugin  (Read 12628 times)

perkas

• View Profile
"Winamp Matrix Mixer" 5.1 output plugin
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:45:57 AM »
Hi,
Please, can you add the "Winamp Matrix Mixer" plugin?
It allow to upmix stereo streams to multichannel 5.1.
Very usefull when you have a 5.1 speaker.

It's so older, but runs fine...And you can also set up to SPDIF output!

Thank you, and best regards!!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/winampmatrixmix/

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: "Winamp Matrix Mixer" 5.1 output plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 01:06:04 PM »
Your screenshot is of a much older version of the plug-in than is currently available (which was last updated in 2013).

I had started on making a minor updated build of the plug-in back in 2017 (how time flies) as it's not portable happy & was looking to bring it up to spec with more recent winamp builds.

I'll have to get back on to finishing it sooner rather than later 👍

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 04:32:18 PM »
Hi,

I'm still using the WACUP test build #1 for version 0.9.163d of the Matrix Mixer on my desktop configuration with the current version of WACUP. It is still working flawlessly. It is dated 9/2/2017. My how time flies!
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 10:34:06 PM »
That's good to know it's been ok. I'll need to check back on where I left things as the local build I've got for testing is marked as test build #2 & I can't remember what I've done to it since it's not yet up on github due to being an incomplete piece of work currently.

-dro

Lebkom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 05:03:04 AM »
Is there any way to get this plugin to upmix to 7.1?
I'm currently using Maiko WASAPI only because it allows me to do this, I want to use the new ASIO plugin but cant find a way to get it to upmix to 7.1

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 06:42:01 PM »
The "Winamp Matrix Mixer" plugin is based on the "ac3filter" audio decoder and processor filter (http://www.ac3filter.net), which only allows up to 5.1 up-mixing.

I used to use the "Maiko" plug-in. It's too bad the developer never finished it. The last released version mostly worked very well, but it's user interface has issues and it broke 1 of the Winamp features I was using at the time.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 06:46:24 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

JohnnyRico

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 05:40:41 PM »
Hi, I'm new to Wacup and so far, it seems so great !  ;)

I was using classic Winamp 2.95 so far with old vlsound51 upmix output plugin and it seems Wacup isn't compatible with it.

Then I found this thread about Matrix Mixer plugin, but same issue : it doesn't with latest Wacup preview build  :'( :'(

Is there any trick to bypass all of this  :)

Thanks and hoping the best for Wacup development !

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 05:59:24 PM »
WACUP requires a custom build of the matrix mixer plug-in which is only offered to the beta testers for now & it needs more work before it's considered to be part of what's included with WACUP out of the box (unlikely to happen with the planned new preview build for later this month).

As for the vlsound51 plug-in, I'm aware of it but any output plug-in that loads others will have issues with the WACUP specific output plug-ins (same would happen if Winamp had changed things with it's output plug-in support).

-dro

JohnnyRico

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 06:20:27 PM »
Ok, I get it, I will patiently wait for the right release then, until then I will come back to good ol 2.95 (while I'm falling in love with the custom tweaked classic theme on Waccup !).

Btw, I tried Maiko WASAPI plugin too, seems to work but GUI is so buggy I will pass for now :-\

Is there any way to get notified of future Waccup releases ? (apart rss on the blog section, I don't use this protocol for sooo many time)

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:24:19 PM by JohnnyRico »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 06:24:15 PM »
I haven't done anything with the blog in an age so that's not the solution for seeing updates. Other than manually checking for updates, using the updater in an existing wacup install, following me on social media, being on the discord server, doing something to query the version info from the site, I don't really have anything else that can be used as I don't want to deal with mailing lists & the likes.

-dro

JohnnyRico

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 06:25:53 PM »
Legit  ;)

Which social medias to follow you ?

-edit- forget my request, just found your twitter and facebook page

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:29:50 PM by JohnnyRico »